Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cancel vs Extend Some advice needed please

Posted by RichardDante 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Cancel vs Extend Some advice needed please
October 10, 2011 07:58AM
Hi Mac and other interested parties.

I was robbed on friday and long story short, my laptop was stolen. Basically this means that I won't be able to finish my project for the php subject by the due date later this month. My friend who also studies at unisa said that I can either Cancel subjects or Extend the exam period to Jan/Feb.

I just have a few questions though.

If I cancel, how much (if any) of the registration fee do I get as credit? I would prefer this option and then I can just take the subject again next year, and since I have already studied it, it won't take add too much to my work load for the next semester. But if I am not going to get credit back to go towards paying for the next semester's subjects, I would rather extend.

Is the extend option available for this subject as there is no exam date persay?

Mac/more experienced unisa students. Which option would you suggest I take? Even if the option isn't Cancel/Extend.

Sorry that this post isn't technically about "php" but I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.
Mac
Re: Cancel vs Extend Some advice needed please
October 10, 2011 10:20AM
Since this module is a portfolio, we do not have "re-exams" - i.e. you re-submit your portfolio on the next semester's due date. So an extend may well work for you - have you emailed study-info@unisa.ac.za.

I do not know the rules myself, but if I give someone a "re-exam", they submit end of next semester.
October 10, 2011 10:33AM
Thank you mac. I will mail them now and ask for an extension. This is great news.
October 26, 2011 01:09PM
So, I have mailed all my info that exam@unisa(study-info said i should mail them) needed and I am still waiting on a response. This was a week ago. I have asked for numerous updates and I have tried phoning the number in their reply with no luck. Any last suggestions for me please Mac? I won't make thursday's hand in and I don't want to pay for the course again just cause I was robbed.
Mac
October 26, 2011 02:13PM
I unfortunately cannot help. I have no super highway access to exams or assignments. It appears a response takes 3 weeks.

Keep in mod that you do not automatically qualify for a re-exam, you still have to obtain 46%, just like an exam. You do not get an automatic extension.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login