Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Example of what is requried

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Example of what is requried
September 13, 2011 01:27PM
See an example here. I took me less than two hours to code. I did not check it thoroughly though (!) but it appears to work as intended.

Do whatever you want to on here.

http://osprey.unisa.ac.za/bookshop/register.php

Note that this example includes an extra logout link, which is not required. But you can add it if you want!

Note that every page MUST have, right on top, the first line, the session_start() line!

My connect.php file has my menu links in.
Re: Example of what is requried
September 14, 2011 12:47PM
Hi Mac

I tried to login after i registed in your web page but it say "The username or password you have entered is incorrect! Try again!" and I tried to register again with the same username and password and it saysn "This username or password already exists - try again", did I do wrong or the is not yet complete? confused smiley
Mac
September 14, 2011 01:41PM
Well, you must have typed something wrong, because it works 100%? Then you tried to register again with the same details - so the message is once again correct because your username or password already exists.

Just register with any new details... and focus!
September 14, 2011 01:50PM
I suggest you break your code in small pieces and use GET method to see where you data goes. You cn later change to POST.
September 16, 2011 02:20PM
Oops! the link is no longer here.sad smiley
Please fix it.
Mac
September 16, 2011 02:48PM
Mmmm, something wrong with the forum ...
Re: Example of what is required
September 19, 2011 12:58PM
Great, your example answered some questions I had, like how come someone can list, insert records in the database without being registered? But when I tried you sample I realized that there was no way of inserting or listing records if one is not a member of the site yet. I was also wondering about the log out page, because in the Tut 102 there is not mention of that, thankfully you gave a clear map of what is required.
Thanks sir.
Mac
September 19, 2011 02:21PM
As said, the logout page is not required. It is simple to add, however - just a link to a page that contains

Language: PHP
session_destroy();
Anonymous User
September 19, 2011 03:09PM
Just coded what is mine hope it cover the requirements tell me about mac only delete still have to be compiled

www.tumi.orgfree.com please comment where can I improve.cool smiley
Mac
September 19, 2011 03:34PM
The portfolio is like an exam unfortunately, so I cannot comment.
Anonymous User
September 20, 2011 01:29PM
ok kwl...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Re: Example of what is required
September 20, 2011 02:32PM
Good afternoon sir about the number of pages you mean it remains 7.
Mac
September 20, 2011 02:37PM
That is up to you - as said, you can this link, it is really simple and you may just feel a little bit better because you did smiling smiley
October 28, 2011 10:59AM
Hi Mac

ive registered, logged in, inserted de info but my problem is with the list page, i asked this question in the VC " Does the page have to list only information that has bn inserted by the current user?" and then u said yes because no user user must have the right to edit or delete another user's records, but wen i go to your list page it list the whole info for all the users who accessed your system.please give me clearity on this..

Regards
Noko
Mac
October 28, 2011 11:10AM
That is in an advanced system. What is shown can be deleted by whomever is logged in in. If you have coded it otherwise, then fine - but I would like to see a warning that I cannot delete this - and that is not part of the portfolio requirements.is
May 07, 2012 06:35PM
Hey.i have registered but i can,t log in it says i username or password is incorrect.i have put the correct details that i have used to register.I even try to register for the second time with another user name,still getting the same error message.49
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login