Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

database problems

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
database problems
September 01, 2011 10:29AM
Im also confused by my database, i have the two tables USER and the other one DATA. the problem is when i insert into the DATA table it only inserts one row when i use the user_id as my foreign key in the table but when i remove the foreign key it does insert the other rows into these table and from what i know both tables must be related in a way so can anyone please help with an idea of how to sort these out.
Mac
Re: database problems
September 01, 2011 10:41AM
I do not know what you data table structure is. Play with the user_id column's structure settings.I also do not know if you insert code is correct.
September 27, 2011 10:48AM
i have created my database as required but my system crash. i have created another one but can not find where it is stored on my hard drive. can someone explain to me how to search for it my hard drive.
October 03, 2011 02:04PM
if you cannot find it till now, just try using your phpmyadmin to export it with data. or go to c:/program files/easyphp/www/mysql/bin/data
October 03, 2011 05:13PM
Thanks Mphixifiysmileys with beer i very greatful i already get it, but when i try to register a user, i get an earror message which indicate "database not found"
October 06, 2011 03:19PM
can anyone please assist me with the error below:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\Program Files\EasyPHP-5.3.3\www\Portfolio\registration1.php on line 83
Could not connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES
Mac
October 10, 2011 10:24AM
hosea - please stop posting the same question in multiple topics! If you do not follow the rules I am going to ban you from these forums! This is not a no-stop-solution-shop....
October 10, 2011 12:36PM
am sorry for that i though i post it under the wrong topic
October 11, 2011 10:53AM
thanks Mr mac you advice have help me to complete my site thumbs upsmile
October 11, 2011 10:16PM
Haai Sir.

i was trying to update my database,
i used this <form action="<?php echo $_server['php_self'] so that the page will update it self
but i got this massage below, what does it mean?

Access forbidden!
You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 403
10/18/11 04:02:39
Apache/2.2.16 (Win32) PHP/5.3.3
Mac
October 12, 2011 07:04AM
Just use action=''
October 14, 2011 05:41PM
my database on the free hosting site does not display my user_id, it just display empty boxes i used the primary key and the auto increment as indicated in the tutorial 102 but it display numbers when it run on a local server on my computer. please help i need some advice
Mac
October 17, 2011 06:40AM
Well, if it displays it on your local server, and the structure of the db is the same on free site, and the code has not changed, then it must work. So ensure the structure is the same and you have rights to the db there
October 17, 2011 02:22PM
I have check the structure it is thesame but the site does not display any numbers as was on my server. it shows that there is and increment because u can add stock on the table but can not delete or edit since i use the shop name(id) to identified the row please check my site to understant what am say " http://www.46346651.freeoda.com";
Mac
October 17, 2011 02:29PM
I cannot check your site - then I can just as well do your portfolio. You are giving too much information, I do not know where your problem is. It can be anywhere. Is the ID sent, is the correct row identified. Using the id, do a test (select the row and print it). If that is working, then remove the select query and do a delete.
October 17, 2011 03:15PM
Thanks Mr mac for your helpsmile
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login