Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

XAMMP VS EASYPHP (Windows 7)

Posted by Mphixifiy 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
XAMMP VS EASYPHP (Windows 7)
August 15, 2011 12:11AM
I struggled for 4 days trying to install xammp on my pc. Apache server was diabled and clashed on port 80 & 8080 with Oracle that I also use for this semester. I therefore resorted into using EASY PHP and my problems were solved easily. For my side (Windows 7 = EASYPHP). Do not install both Xammp & EASYPHP. Do not use IIS as well, it will clash on server ports & require extensive settings on PC. You can also download the lates EasyPHP. (bug Free)
Re: XAMMP VS EASYPHP (Windows 7)
October 06, 2011 11:31AM
Im almost done with the portfolio but now the problem is Im using windows 7 and loaded easyPHP and cannot save my file. Never had such a problem on the other system.
Mac
October 06, 2011 12:01PM
It has nothing to do with Win & - I run both on Win7 without problems.Have no suggestion for your problem.
October 06, 2011 06:00PM
but sir everytime when I try to save a file i get an error about permission(don't have a permission to save in this location. contact the administrator to obtain permission). how do I rectify that part of? cause I tried to adjust permission of the www folder but still gives me the same error. I thought that maybe the problem might be on easyPHP but cannot find orget where I should adjust the them.
October 07, 2011 12:23AM
Bricks, The problem maybe that you are trying to save on ProgramFiles. Try first turning off the USER ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT, or the easyPHP software must be installed on c:/easyphp instead of c:/programfiles/easyPHP/
Mac
October 07, 2011 07:00AM
Sharp eye Mphixify.... forgot easyPHP defaults to Program Files.
October 07, 2011 12:46PM
Thanks alot mphixify it worked like a charm. Im up and running now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login