Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Free web hosting PHP MySQL

Posted by Chris Seopa 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Free web hosting PHP MySQL
August 10, 2011 08:38PM
Please lets post usefull sites / servers and avoid the useless ones with troubles like FWHA. I will be testing mine now and will post it when confirmed.
Re: Free web hosting PHP MySQL
August 10, 2011 10:12PM
I found this helpfull even if I found some problems loading my php page, Still to study about that I guess...:
http://6te.freewebhostingarea.com/
Mac
August 11, 2011 10:22AM
The 6te one should be avoided.
August 12, 2011 02:14PM
tTry http://www.zymic.com/ it works perfect.
August 13, 2011 11:13AM
l seem not to understand how l go about submitting assignment 1. Pliz help.
August 14, 2011 08:14PM
@ Mac - why should "The 6te" be avoided - is there danger?
Mac
August 15, 2011 06:56AM
It is just slow and generally unresponsive.
August 17, 2011 05:15PM
pls help. I created a site, uploaded files successfully but still getting this msg when opening my url:

If you are the website owner:

Congratulations, your Zymic Free Web Hosting account has been sucessfully created!

You may now replace this file (index.html) and start uploading your website. To do so either use our file manager in your control panel or use FTP.

Please remember to read our TOS, any inappropriate sites will be deleted without warning!

If you are a visitor:

The owner of this website has not edited their homepage, and therefore their website may not be complete.

Looking to start a website? Try our Free Web Hosting.
Mac
August 18, 2011 06:59AM
You clearly have not replaced the original index.html file (which holds this message) with your own index.html file (which holds your php code) successfully, using their file manager.
August 18, 2011 01:53PM
thanks, Its showing now.
Mac
August 19, 2011 08:11AM
45008663_Lungile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> l seem not to understand how l go about submitting
> assignment 1. Pliz help.

It is stated clearly in the tut letter?
October 28, 2011 12:17PM
Hi

I got that same message all morning, trying to view my site. I created my own index.html file but i still can't view my site.
What exactly is suppose to be in the index file? Maybe i left something out. Please help. I uploaded all my files, just need to view.
October 28, 2011 12:18PM
I'm using zymic... by the way.
October 28, 2011 12:47PM
I think i am missing something in the index.html file that i upload along wit my php files. Please tell me what exactly i suppose to be in the index file so that i can view my website, cause at the moment it's blank. Than as soon as i've done that i can email sir the files via mylife email.
Mac
October 28, 2011 01:52PM
What you are supposed to know from last year (ahem) is that the index.html file is the file presented first when a site loads. It is the entry page.

I suggest you rename your registration.php page to index.php (remember to change all the links pointing to this file in your menu). Depending on the server setup, you may name it index.html (some servers do not interpret php code inside .html files, only when it is .php.

This has been dealt with before in this forum. So do searches.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login