Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam Paper

Posted by bhaven 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Exam Paper
December 06, 2011 10:53AM
Good Day Mac / all,

I would like to confirm structure of the exam paper. The tutorial letter 102 states that the Exam paper for Jan 2012 will be "The focus of this exam is on understanding the relationship(s) between themes, techniques, tools and methodologies"

Will that be more explanation rather than application?
Also since there is such huge amounts of volume, is it safe to assume the focus will be similar to the assignments and not past papers, as a guideline?
Please can you clarify "Old examination papers will therefore not be a useful guide to the structure of the exam paper." Does that mean content could be similar as well?

Thank you.
Mac
Re: Exam Paper
December 06, 2011 12:26PM
Yes, overall more explanation than application... but keep in mind that referring to application in explanations is good form at this level. I want o guage you general understanding of the field, and how it fits together. I cannot stare it better than that....!
Visualize this paper as a view from the top. You cannot go too deep in your explanations (expect iof the paper 1000000 marks and you have 369 hours), therefore the content is automatically reduced.
No use looking at old examination papers as this exam will not be similar to past ppaers, where the emphasis was on case studies/applications. Well, some of the papers anyway. I'd rather focus on the exam letter than on previous papers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login