Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam 2012

Posted by Ivan Behounek 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Exam 2012
January 19, 2012 08:44PM
Hows the exam prep coming along? Looks like this can be a tuff one. There is so much from which the lecturers can pick, and through at us. Luckily, there is a question or two that I think we can get. I'll put my mola on Kerberos, and configuration management, maybe a lattice too (I hope so - easy marks). There will be short, easy pop-qiuzz questions too that will help definitely to scrap some important marks together.

Good luck to you all for tomorow.
January 20, 2012 09:55PM
This is post exam, but my money was on kerberos (pretty much the only question that was bound to come up). I was also sure we would get a transposition question.

Other than that, I was worried in general. No two past papers were the same, meaning the questions were likely to come from anywhere, and you could not focus on anything at all.

I was also a bit bleak that there were no lecturer solutions provided. The assignment 1 memorandum was good, but I found quite a few errors in the assignment 2 memorandum.

I struggled through about 29 marks which I was basically guessing (albeit educated guesses). Touch and go for a pass I think.
Re: Exam 2012
January 22, 2012 11:08AM
This one wasn't so bad even though it appeared to not follow the format of the previous exams.
I was expecting a few short answer questions and all we got was mostly 6-8 mark questions.
I to say that there was a question on physical security which according to tut101 (Chapter 8.4) was marked as read (non exam ) but yet a question was raised in the exam for 8 marks I think angry smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login