Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tutorial Letter 1

Posted by PretoriaSux 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
March 01, 2011 08:46AM
Will someone be so kind as to foward me the tut letter for this module. I'm waiting for my registration to be finalised but I have some time at work so I'd really like to get started with the assignments.
lloyd.moodley@gmail.com
Re: Tutorial Letter 1
March 02, 2011 05:01PM
Hi everyone

I have just finalized my registration and doing the following modules, and yes i am gonna list all of them here
INF425, 431, 417, 483, 418 AND 462

can anyone please send me study materials(exam papers ,assignment questions, tutorial)

Highly appreciate it

Nicholas.Motlhoki@gmail.com
March 07, 2011 10:33AM
Holla guys, Nicholas....the world is very small with technology chief. Howzit? I am also doing some of the modules u've registered for, did u check for exam papers and ass questions in myUnisa (comes with study packs)?
March 07, 2011 04:17PM
Max: m k thanks. no i haven't.
March 10, 2011 09:44AM
Hi guys....
I am waiting for my the results and was asking you to email me the tutorials for the below mentioned exams.... PLEASE....on masa22@webmail.co.za Especially the one for INF483Y.and INF425N..

NF417N
INF483Y
INF460R
INF425N
INF412H

Thanks
March 14, 2011 09:28AM
Does anyone know if we can use the 4th edition of the textbook for the module instead of the 5th?
March 23, 2011 11:49AM
Hey everyone,

I'm going to follow suit here and request the initial tutorial letters too... (sameegh@gmail.com)

INF425N
INF417N
INF450P

Thanks very much.tongue sticking out smiley
March 23, 2011 03:49PM
The initial tut letter only tells you that all future tut letters will be available on myUnisa, basically no useful information in there
March 28, 2011 10:39AM
The first tut letter is a little bit scary for me. It tells you absolutely nothing. You can't do any planning for the year, at least for now. So at the end of the day you have to work yourself silly to finish all 10 of the assignments in time. . . . ouch! No vacation for me!

And to mention, I'm also doing the following modules to finish my degree this year:
COS405A
COS408D
COS498X
INF418P
INF420H
INF425N
INF431L

I looking forward to this module grinning smiley
March 28, 2011 12:17PM
All tutorial letters for INF425N this year will only be available on myunisa.Also endeavour to regularly check your "'My unisa for life inbox"'

Regards
Awa
March 29, 2011 02:21PM
Ah okay, thanks guys. Ten assignments for the year sounds pretty challenging, lol.

I'm still waiting on my registration to be processed - hopefully things are manageable with no assignments due too early on.

That's quite a tall order Ivan, best of luck with that. tongue sticking out smiley
April 04, 2011 09:30PM
Just curious!

Does anyone maybe know when the first assignment tut will be available. The 15 April is not far away, and I'm not looking forward to rush any assignments before the deadline.

I can do nothing now, accept waiting, little bit nerve racking confused smiley
April 05, 2011 08:53AM
Hi Ivan

There will be no tutorial letter sent with the assignment,

It is available on myUnisa already and that is the only place it will ever be.

Check under learning Units
April 05, 2011 11:27AM
Well Ivan, there is some reading you could be doing. There was a earlier article about the Essence & accidents of Software Engineering. There are also r=two articles that you need to read viz - Study on Top-Down Estimation Method of Software Project Planning; Deriving Projects from the Organisational vision using Vision-to-Project framework; plus Chapter 2 of the prescribed textbook.
April 06, 2011 09:51AM
My gosh! Never thought to get it there. It would have been helpfull if they could specify it in a little bit more detail in tut 101 where to locate everything exactly. Thanx alot for your help guys!
April 07, 2011 09:36AM
Ivan Behounek Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My gosh! Never thought to get it there. It would
> have been helpfull if they could specify it in a
> little bit more detail in tut 101 where to locate
> everything exactly. Thanx alot for your help guys!

Ditto
April 07, 2011 09:45AM
Guys please e-mail me the tut.

muhammad.ozzy@gmail.com
April 07, 2011 10:20AM
Well, if you take the time to read properly on myUnisa (like 101 suggest you do), you will find everything.

It takes a bit of getting used to.

It should be interesting to see how this new method works out, my only slight annoyance is the fact that they are trying to pace our studies for us - by the looks of it we will be getting our assignments about 3 weeks before they are due, which makes it difficult to plan - especially if you were hoping to finish early with the assignments
April 07, 2011 10:27AM
But what I do like about this module is that your assignments makes up 40% of your year mark, and it is an "engaging" module. (engaging for lack of a better word)
April 07, 2011 11:18AM
Yes, that is nice, it's only the "pacing" that is a problem for me
April 07, 2011 11:26AM
ah ok, I see what you mean, with the 3 week sections thingy..
April 07, 2011 12:56PM
Yea, I'm most probably getting married in october and was hoping to have all my assignments finished fairly early in the year, but now I'll have to carry this one through til about 2 weeks from the wedding.

It just feels as if we can't really plan properly if we don't know when we will get the assignment - anyone else get this feeling or am I overreacting?
April 07, 2011 01:15PM
a bit of both smile
April 07, 2011 05:05PM
It is definitely something new to me too. It is something like the best of both worlds "wanna be module". I like the fact that 40% of the assignments cover the year mark. That is how I passed my opengl about 2 years ago (45% for exam, and 90% for assignments!)
I think the only way to get use to this is to be patient and see how it works out. This is my final year, and to do a little adjustment for old time sake, I think, is not too much to ask (my opinion). Likely it is only one module of the seven that I must complete, and I personally can work around it easily. Well, at least I can, not sure about the other guys and their situations. But I guess something new to spice up the studies of 2011 is not a bad idea. It keeps your home studies on your toes (or in my case, "on my nerves"winking smiley, whatever works for you.

Lastly, I think the only scary part of this adjustment is the fact that we as students are not use to this, so it makes things a little bit weary for us, and we cannot predict exactly what is going to happen. Think back to first time when you started to study. It was scary, and unpredictable, but yet we as students come so far! thumbs up smiley
April 08, 2011 09:59AM
Right...so I should have access to MyUnisa by Tuesday - my registration just got approved and I just need to make payment today.

Slightly worried that I may not have enough time to finish the assignment on time if it's due next Friday. Just out of interest sake, are there any other courses that you're aware of that also have early due dates?

Also if it's not too much trouble, could someone email me the reference material I'd need to get started with this assignment? I'll probably need to get my books sorted over the weekend and go SSJ next week. Good times.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
April 12, 2011 08:05PM
I'm kind of confused with the 1st assignment,I only got registered yesterday so i'm not sure which assigment 01 is?Oops not to worry I got.Thank guys
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login