Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Year Mark calculation.

Posted by mbupen 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Year Mark calculation.
September 13, 2011 01:08PM
Hi Folks,
Just to confirm,between Assign 02 and 03,the highest mark obtained will become the year mark.If only Assign 01 is submitted,the mark obtanied will become the year mark.
If only assign 03 is submitted the mark obtained will become the year mark.Is that correct folks?
Re: Year Mark calculation.
September 13, 2011 03:34PM
TUT 101 INF420
The year mark for INF420 counts 10% of your final mark and will be calculated based on the assignment marks
you get for Assignment 2 and/or Assignment 3:
If you submit only Assignment 2 (and not Assignment 3) the year mark will be calculated based on the
percentage mark obtained for Assignment 2.
If you submit only Assignment 3 (and not Assignment 2) the year mark will be calculated based on the
percentage mark obtained for Assignment 3.
If you submit both Assignment 2 and Assignment 3 the year mark will be calculated based on the highest of
the two percentage marks you obtained for these two assignments.

This is what the TUT says, no mention for not submitting both assignments 3 and 2.
September 14, 2011 08:25AM
Thanks Sunbrat!
September 16, 2011 04:13PM
My understanding is that Ass 01 was purely for admission, and the other two will count towards your year mark in the way mentioned above.
September 29, 2011 08:04PM
You have to submit any way both assignments to prep for the exam. You can only win
October 05, 2011 12:37PM
Hi Guys

I will register for my honours this december for next year. How have you found this INF420 so far, is it anything close to INF320. I did very well in INF320, will this help me with the honours module?
October 10, 2011 07:40AM
To some extent, in my opinion, INF320 will help you a lot. But with INF420, you have to do extensive research on a bunch of topics. The prescribed book, is very basic on some topics, and then also extentive on other topics. You really have to work hard in this module and Google will be your new best friend. I have spend a lot of hours just to get the some info that will be relevant to your topic, and can be frustrating sometimes. To sum it up nicely. I also did well in INF320, and so far, I'm doing very well in this module, and loving it. Just one pointer, push the assignments very hard. It is going to make your exam prep so much easier and will enjoy the module so much more.

By the way, do you know when we can register for honour modules for next year?
October 13, 2011 10:39AM
@Ivan, thanks for those valuable tips.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login