Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can we submit the project if there are still some bugs?

Posted by fionam 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
avatar Can we submit the project if there are still some bugs?
October 27, 2011 01:09PM
Mac, I'm experiencing problems with a couple of the pages in the project. Can we still submit the project even if there are a couple of bugs that we haven't been able to iron out? Apart from anything else, I would like to know where I went wrong.
Mac
Re: Can we submit the project if there are still some bugs?
October 27, 2011 02:33PM
Depends on what the couple of bugs are smiling smiley It is a difficult question - you are asking me if you are going to pass the exam before you write smiling smiley
If it is not too many, you may well receive a supplementary, meaning you hand in again next semester. It is no guarantee though, since it depends on what you did wrong where sad smiley
avatar Re: Can we submit the project if there are still some bugs?
October 27, 2011 04:15PM
Mac, this is what is worrying me: There is one part of the project that I am stuck on - the insertion of the sno and cid into the course_student table via the student_reg page. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what function we are supposed to use to do it, even after having Googled extensively to find a possible solution, so I'm almost about to give up because the list page and the student edit page are also heavily dependent on that and I don't see the point of handing the project in if I can't get those working. I can see what needs to be done but haven't a clue how to go about doing it. Everything else is working but that is what's really getting me down right now. Any clues as to what it is that I'm missing in the textbook/home and learn/on Google? Not asking for the answer - just where to look.
avatar Re: Can we submit the project if there are still some bugs?
October 27, 2011 08:51PM
Ok this may be a little late but here's how I did it anyway - might be bit of a long way to do it but it worked for me smiling smiley

On the student reg page - run 3 queries in this order:

(assuming you already have declared variables where you are going to store the sno and cid)

1st query - insert all the form data into the student table (sno is automatically generated here)
2nd query - find out what sno has just been generated - match the email address for example straight from the form data you just received - select sno where email = ".$_POST['email']
3rd query - you already have the cid from the form data (assuming your select values = the cid corresponding to the course table), all you now need to do is: insert into course_student table (sno, cid) VALUES (post form variables)..

Hope that helps.
Re: Can we submit the project if there are still some bugs?
October 27, 2011 10:14PM
supplementary?????i hope i pass first time...i tried to do things right....what you require is logic and functionality if i am not wrong.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login