Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nervousness

Posted by Riaz 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
September 26, 2011 08:17AM
So the time is close, the days are going by so fast and I'm really nervous about the portfolio *whew*

Most of it is done it looks great, I should be happy with it but I still feel as if somethings missing, showed few of my friends the portfolio asked them to test it, it works
great but I still find myself going back and changing code trying to make it better.

Anyone else feeling this way ?

student no: 77315138
September 26, 2011 05:18PM
I do yes
I havent finished, but i know I want to rewrite my form validation
I also need to start thinking about additional functions , like being able to register for more than one course
I might take some days off work smiling smiley
Re: Nervousness
September 27, 2011 01:17PM
You guys sure know how to make a gal feel bad , you are done already?.....guess I should get my move on. inspired though hot smiley
September 27, 2011 02:01PM
Don't worry I'm not done as well, been busy with form validation......
September 27, 2011 09:06PM
If you get stuck be sure to ask questions Zusakhe and everyone else for that matter
It would be nice to get the ball rolling a bit on the forum as the due date is in sight now
There are ppl here who can offer valuable advice so use it while u can smile
September 28, 2011 12:03AM
Hie guys did you received the 2nd CD. I only got the first cd. according to tut 102, it says we must use the cd#2.
September 28, 2011 10:41AM
hey guy

i m verysad smiley because i have been tryng to do my edit and delete for over two weeks now ....i have done the delete program but it wont run stressed
September 28, 2011 11:29AM
Hi Motsumi,

Are you speaking about deleting the courses ?

Mac
September 28, 2011 01:13PM
There is no 2nd CD. The two CD's are now one CD.
September 28, 2011 02:26PM
Hey Guys,

Im also not done yet sad smiley, must work still on my form.
As PeterJ says if we all need help we know to come here. thumbs up
September 28, 2011 04:50PM
hey guy

i m very because i have been tryng to do my edit and delete for over two weeks now ....i have done the delete program but it wont run stressed

Post the code that is stressing you Motsumi maybe we might see where the error is
September 28, 2011 09:01PM
Im not done either, u guys r making me worry now!sad smiley
September 28, 2011 09:41PM
I'm busy reading chapter 10, then chapter 11 and then I'm going to work on the email confirmation when students register.
September 29, 2011 06:15PM
MOTSUMI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey guy
>
> i m verysad smiley because i have been tryng to do my edit
> and delete for over two weeks now ....i have done
> the delete program but it wont run stressed

Motsumi if you are working on the course deletion fucntion check out the answer Mac posted here
It helped me loads. The course deletion was tricky because u need to delete multiple students registered for the course deleted. That snippet will help

I havent finished my student deletion function but i imagine the textbook will help with that
October 03, 2011 10:30AM
Nope - I'm not nervous at all. Except if nervous = frustrated in which case I am 100% nervous...

I've been programming like a madman this entire weekend and all I have to show for it are 8 lines of code and ten thousand methods of how not to code sad smiley
October 05, 2011 09:30PM
Post your progress ppl, would be nice to know how far everyone is
I just need to add the email functionality ,also work out how to sign up for moar than one course confused smiley
OCT213
October 17, 2011 10:22AM
OH GUYS THANK YOU FOR UR SUPPORT BUT I M DONE...OHsmiling bouncing smiley
October 19, 2011 10:54AM
Lucky you Motsumi. I'm still busy.
October 19, 2011 06:35PM
Im done aswell
Busy working on some extras like the course table displaying how many ppl are registered for said course.
The student table displaying what course they have registered for, struggling with this one now... but its a good INNER JOIN lesson
Some other stuff i cant think off hand... also need to write a css file so it doesnt look so bland and easier to navigate
anyways ...off to it smiling smiley
October 20, 2011 09:32AM
Nervousness is fever-pitch now....my greatest fear is code behaving differently on different platforms/machines.
October 20, 2011 12:56PM
DesmondMpofu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nervousness is fever-pitch now....my greatest fear
> is code behaving differently on different
> platforms/machines.

I feel your pain smiling smiley

I uploaded my assignment to a live server this morning to do final test(for the 100th time smiling smiley) with the email sending to see if it all works, I did the development on xampp so emails weren't sending, on the live server only the first email sent not the second thumbs down

October 20, 2011 06:16PM
I had the same problem with my free bee server and only my second email sent, and only one loop of it ( there were three students it should of sent too)
I attributed that to the freebee hosting server limiting the mail() function ,as per their T&Cs
I know its working cause i just echod the mail variable and it looped correctly

The first time i tried my freebee i just used the mail function and my account was bandspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 21, 2011 11:43AM
I've added my final touches to the Web-based registration project. Log-in and Log-out features which secures each page, and a list of students names and email addresses attached to the email message for those students who have ticked the share contact details check-box.

Now I just have to test sending the email and then hopefully I am done with the project smiling smiley.
October 22, 2011 07:48AM
Finally the end is in sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 26, 2011 11:06AM
The more i'm about to submit, the more I see things that can be improved on......
October 26, 2011 11:35AM
I know the feeling desmond...

October 26, 2011 12:17PM
Desmond
he more i'm about to submit, the more I see things that can be improved on......

Yup, it's not quite as simple as it first appears. And what is even more frustrating is seeing possibilities but not having the time to absorb the info to implement your ideas. tongue sticking out smiley
October 26, 2011 03:44PM
I think if we were to start afresh from now and submit end of November then we would all get distinctions....smile ...I think if someone talks nicely to Mac we can all get a reprieve....lol
October 27, 2011 12:43PM
Panicked, nail biting moments....im giving myself till later today to submit,,,, sad smiley
I have to agree with you Fionam....
October 27, 2011 02:26PM
I was extremely nervous also Julienne but then I did the last checks and sent it through feeling much better now smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login