Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Proceeding with this course

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Re: Proceeding with this course
August 12, 2011 10:51PM
ok,but i have 1 problem.phpedit doesnt seem to be debugin .im using the traditional 127.0.0.1 way to test.im using it as a code editor.
August 16, 2011 11:35PM
i'm on the right tract now. but it seems as if i'm behide. at list i can see the way now.
August 18, 2011 11:29AM
Hi there.

I received my course material on Monday (still waiting for the prescribed book)
The tutorial on the PHP disk is it in the HTML folder of the disk ? Just want to make sure hehe thumbs up smiley

Enjoy the course guys.
Mac
August 19, 2011 06:46AM
Yes, but you should rather download it (and updated version - apparently there are a few files missing on the CD ) from the course website
August 19, 2011 03:50PM
i studied diploma in graphic and web development at college campus pretoria.i am now doin php with unisa.my question is after i get my certification is there somewhere i can do an intern mac.
Mac
August 22, 2011 07:13AM
This is like askming me to get you a job smiling smiley

Rather expand your own skills by developing your own apps. That is the only way to learn and grow more - getting your hands dirty yourself.
avatar Re: Proceeding with this course
August 22, 2011 08:33AM
Hi mac,

Which course would you recommend me doing after this ? smiling smiley

I'm thinking of doing ASP.Net (C#) but UNISA doesn't offer it, only VB.Net.
Mac
August 22, 2011 06:35PM
Forget about that. Focus on expanding your PHP skills smiling smiley
August 22, 2011 07:34PM
OK sir, tomorro is submision day,and im a php student,how are you going to know that this username belongs to me.
Mac
August 23, 2011 07:08AM
I know everything smiling smiley Your student number is 77336852
But add your studentnumber to a signature in the Control Center right above.
August 24, 2011 01:48PM
riaz what course did you do before this,i also want to upgrade web development skills
avatar Re: Proceeding with this course
August 24, 2011 04:29PM
Hi gaogakwe,

I never did any other course this is my first smile*excited* but I want to study further (get certified)... but as mac said
Focus on expanding your PHP skills

I agree, it's awesome to know lots of different programming/scripting languages but it's much better having a strong understanding of a specific language, when you
feel comfortable with PHP you can move forward and study further.

I'm not saying don't learn other languages I'm just saying don't forget PHP smiling smiley HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, XML is the stuff you should look into, it all works well with PHP.

As you code with PHP you will look at making things simpler and you will on your own implement other languages and like that you will end up learning and using other languages with PHP. thumbs up

PHP is a powerful language, I once read that most of the world's websites are built on Drupal which is a PHP framework even Joomla...

Facebook was first built on PHP then converted to C (for performance) but it still uses PHP.

Stick with PHP for now there's a lot to learn smiling smiley

student no: 77315138
September 26, 2011 02:18PM
mine is 72792078yawning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login