Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam Nov 2011

Posted by Jaxy 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Exam Nov 2011
October 27, 2011 01:02AM
Hi there,

Wanted to know if anyone is writing this one this semester and just to start up a general chat and focus section...

Also if anyone has any past papers, and if you can mail me that would be great

jaxy@vampyrez.za.net

Thanks

Jax
Re: Exam Nov 2011
October 28, 2011 02:31AM
Hi Jaxy

I will be writing the module this semester including the two third year database modules and to be honest I only started tonight to open my books and I find a general chat like this encouraging, so thanks for starting it.

As far as focusing goes I decided to go through all the assignments(Semester 1 and Semester 2) because I got lucky and got my hands on Semester 1 answers as well, and I'm willing to share it if you share it with the next guy that asks for it on the forum. You might also find the WikiStudent Resource helpful with notes and other info.

How did you do with the two assignments and what will your plan be?

Regards,
October 28, 2011 04:14PM
smiling smiley

I will only start looking at my stuff tonight and plan from there.
November 01, 2011 10:22AM
Hi
I'm starting tonight.
How's it going thus far?
John
November 01, 2011 02:00PM
The volume is mad and with no direct focus it makes it hard to try and figure out exaclty what to concentrate on.

Fun n Games

smiling smiley
November 01, 2011 03:41PM
Have you looked at the two summaries on Studywiki?
Those seem to summarise everything into 20 pages.
I'm going to go on that and just read up in the textbook where the notes are too "thin"
There's lots of listing/ describing, so it looks like a lot of mnemonics's for this one smiling smiley
Keep in touch with progress.
Study well.
November 01, 2011 06:08PM
Yep thanks... I saw those... I make my own notes so I try to study from this only once I'm done. The problem is getting the data into the brain grinning smiley

study well!
November 02, 2011 09:16AM
Hey Yall!!!

I'm also doing this one.
I adapted the Wiki notes because I found some things "missing".

I got some Tut letters from the first semester aswell.

I only managed to get the first edition of the book and Chapter 15 is completely different. confused smiley

I am also looking for Second Semester Answers to the Assignments, It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can help me out.....
[edit] - Thanks for sending the files smile
November 07, 2011 07:38PM
How was it?
Am sure I passed it, not too sure how well though.
thumb sucked the explanations for most - I mean who learns charactersistics without knowing the theoryeye popping smiley

Well I'm done for the year... should actually be done done, but not counting on two of them. To be able to go back in time - and kick myself into gear.

All the best guys
November 07, 2011 10:35PM
I don't think I will pass.... and kids is what happens when you are spotting for a exam.

But I also was not motivated for the exam but suddenly I got a lot more motivated for the Databases modules. Because I don't want a re-exam or re-module all my subjects next year.

Maybe my year marks can pull me through but I doubt it.

Ai skool geld dis wat ek die noem!
November 07, 2011 11:26PM
Could go either way, so I'll spend a few weeks "having passed", then. Post exam realism serves no useful purpose, so be optimistic while it's still possible.

I don't think I could pass a similar paper however hard I tried, if I didn't manage this one. But I suppose I'll just somehow have to if it comes to that.

We had a mix up with the papers at our venue. They sent us database papers wrapped in "HCI" labels. The girl in front of me caught on quick, and shot out of that exam room with her answer book and the database paper, quicker than you can say Jack Robinson, so "Intro to Database" could very well now be a "compromised course". There's at least one paper out there.

As far as the exam goes (they eventually faxed us our papers) I struggled along, struggled some more, and stayed there right to the end. My shipmates left early, which is a pity. You shouldn't give up until all is lost, even if it looks a bit hopeless. Right near the end memory came back online and I managed to add a mark here, a mark there. Every little one counts. Maybe if they'd hung around they'd have had the same luck?

Never give up until all is lost:
1. Sometimes you'll surprise yourself by remembering the stuck things as you sit there staring at the ceiling. That happened to me to day. (It's something that feels like it "happened to you" rather than that you "did it"winking smiley.
2. If it's tough for you, it's tough for everyone else, usually, so you might find they have to do some scaling. If you dug around and found that extra mark it could be the difference between surviving and going under. Your sub-survival mark might just end up getting boosted to survival level.

d- -b, tell yourself for the time being that you passed. Might as well. You can always revise the opinion later if you have to.
November 08, 2011 05:08PM
d- -b sorry to hear that mate.... It was a tough exam, it definitely wasn't a spotting exam and Unisa have proved that they are changing the way they exam over and over and over again to me...

SO spotting it out... Past papers, 1 question, assignment 1 question if you are lucky, the rest are "fresh" questions.

This paper was thought provoking and well i got stumped on some of the requirements... but hope that I wrote enough application to get me through and I sat there till the last 20 minutes, I couldn't force myself to remember anymore...

@ slow eddy +10000... Always have some positive thoughts... And well i hope for the best...

I wonder if those thoughts can get me through marketing? I attempted two exams on one day... Never ever again.... Do not attempt this at home!!!!!!!!!

Two cr&ppy subjects left... Innovation & Technology, and Oracle... At least with Oracle there is more certainty but with Innovation & Tech, study guide is for an outdated textbook and nothing ties up... Can't even get hold of the lecturer to know what to focus on as he's on leave... ain't that the usual for Unisa.....

The only thing that's keeping me going ATM is 18th November. It's almost here.... smiling smiley
November 13, 2011 08:47PM
I thought it was okay, I'm sure I passed but the questions were phrased badly.
Briefly discuss?? How much info too give, too little and you don't get the marks, too much and you waste time on one question. This is why I prefer maths etc.

@Jaxy, About that 2 exams one day thing, I'm going to be feeling the pain on Wednesday, Mat2612 and PYC3703.. What fun.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login