Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam Post-mortem

Posted by BlaXpydo 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Exam Post-mortem
May 10, 2011 11:15AM
So how was it? Did not expect those ERDs. And the first DD was worth more than 10 marks.

May 10, 2011 11:58AM
Yeah the mark allocation was screwy all around. The 1st dependency diagram thing was worth more than 10 marks (didn't finish this, kinda didn't know what to do =P), and the second was was worth less than ten marks (should have been 5 tops).

ERDs were OK, I figured we'd get a few. I've never been awesome at them though.

Was OK overall I suppose. Should pass, don't think I'll do super well though.
Re: Exam Post-mortem
May 10, 2011 12:04PM
The first diagram in Q2 was 10 marks, an easy one. The the second in Q3 was 20 marks, a tricky SOB. I think the subsequent 2, Q4 and Q5 were 10 marks each. Q4 was slightly tricky with the region thing and those repetitive CONS entities. I consolidated it into one ClientCons entity. Q5 was very easy as it was textbook stuff. I totally forgot how to treat FK in dependency diagrams. The theory at the end, Q6 was 20 marks but I never managed to get there, but that's OK because I didn't really study that much theory. The second diagram, Q3 of 20 marks, was bit tricky, but I am hoping for at least 13 or 14 marks, for effort. All in all I think it was a fair paper. Hoping for a pass.
May 10, 2011 12:11PM
Don't know about you guys, but I created a composite entity in the second diagram.

I'm glad its done, now on to the second exam (Thursday - COS3701). anybody else writing?

May 10, 2011 01:02PM
BlaXpydo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't know about you guys, but I created a
> composite entity in the second diagram.
>
> I'm glad its done, now on to the second exam
> (Thursday - COS3701). anybody else writing?

Yeah I had a composite entity as well.

I'm writing INF 3705 Thursday. 08:30 again...ugh. These early start times are killing me.
May 10, 2011 01:12PM
Yes, I wish I could have another week of study for that COS3701 (or maybe two... the problem is not with the PDAs or the TMs, its with all those prove this and prove thats..)
May 10, 2011 02:54PM
@hexium: Did you do the openGL subject (COS3712)? I'm doing it this semester.

May 10, 2011 05:47PM
Here we go, COS3701 ... I'll spend the next month pretending I passed this one, and being a happy little moron as a consequence. smile

Theory might just sink me, but I'm going to give it a go. First thing is to somehow understand the pumping lemma again. (And hope it doesn't slip from me as I enter the exam room).

There's not much point in an exam post mortem IMHO. Once you walk out of there there's no longer anything you can do to affect the outcome, so be happy with it as long as you can, and move on.
May 10, 2011 06:31PM
@BlaXpydo: Not taking those subjects. Would have liked to though but all the Math prerequisites scared me off..Lets just say that when I started to study again, I could hardly remember how to do long division and I have an eternal fear of failing subjects LoL.. (still need to study for 3 subjects for this semester COS3701, COS3114, and COS3761 and I haven't even started on the last two)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login