Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good Luck

Posted by Tazz 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Good Luck
May 31, 2011 10:18PM
Hi there guys, just want to wish url all the best for tomorrow. Its my last paper tomorrow for this semester. Guess I'll be here again tomor for the exam post mortem. I'm really hoping this one goes well, I'm soo not enjoying the theory for this course, but let's see how it all unfold tomor
Anyways, all the best... May the force be with us!.
Re: Good Luck
June 01, 2011 05:10PM
That was the worst exam I wrote this sem. Really really hope I passed!!!
June 01, 2011 05:33PM
Yes, I must agree... I missed out on about 20% of the work... I just could not get through it all in time... Question 6 stuff was tricky so I don't know if I would have been able to do it in any case, but I probably would have given enough time (could only get to 2 of the q6 questions.)...

really not cool thumbs down
June 01, 2011 06:05PM
The exam was beter for me than when I had to write cos261 last year, and I'm sure most will agree. I understood the work beter this time around.

Some theory questions I could not answer, and one formal proof. And only had like 4 minutes left for the last question, mostly just wrote down what I thought at that time.

I'm sure we will pass, as we did study. I wonder what slow eddy has to say?

June 01, 2011 07:00PM
I agree with Hexium, time was a major factor, our paper was way more difficult than last years paper. I'm just hoping I get part marks for the ones I never complete.
June 01, 2011 07:21PM
June 01, 2011 07:55PM
It was quite a challenge, I'll agree. But I just took it easy...its the best way to get through these subjects.

June 01, 2011 09:08PM
I've got this policy of believing it all went well long enough to actually imagine that this was really so, right after an exam. I suppose the honest version of the previous sentence is I'll go so far as to deliberately fool myself into thinking I made it. If I think I honestly to goodnessly blasted the thing apart, I'll use that; if not, I'll take care not to think back in too much detail.

Thanks folks. You helped me, whatever I get. I reckon I survived, and by tomorrow morning I'll reckon I took it out, but you now know my attitude to working out what really happened, so I wouldn't take put too much store by what I say.

It wasn't easy, that's for sure. Not for me, anyway. Hit a bit of a blank with the proofs section, which is what I'd been banking on to get me through. Even got a flat wheel on the induction question for a while (but that one I stopped by the roadside and fixed).

Now I'll scoot over to Social Cafe to post a misleading You Tube link, I reckon. Just to celebrate a bit of relief.

@ t0xic: never give up hope unless you absolutely can't avoid this. Remember, if it was much too much tougher than last years (which it goes without saying it was), and just about everyone fell flat on their faces with the worst questions, often they will adjust the marks upward. That happened with Numerical Methods last year, for instance.

There's a lesson in that: Fair enough if you let yourself lose hope when you walk out of the exam room. Your choice; and in a weeks' time all of us will be feeling about exactly the same about the course. In the exam room, it's another matter. If it's tough, try harder. Really. Because they do scale the marks often enough to make that worth trying. Don't give up on yourself in there. Squeeze every little last drop out of yourself.

If you've done that, then you've done what you can do for the time being. That's the first thing. In the final analysis none of us can do more than we can. (Although you will all clamour to tell me that this does not apply to knowledge of future events or something frighteningly modal like that). You do what you can do. If you make sure you did that, then you did good. When the little bruise on the pride heals you remember you did good. You tried. Not many people do.

There's more, though. If you do that every little bit that you can do, and it all feels like it was just self flagellation when it's all over, don't be too sure. If they scale the marks, who's going to get the second chances? The ones who kept on in spite of it all, who kept their heads when all about them were losing theirs and blaming it all on them ... (google: Kipling; "If". The man had many gross failings, but when he got things right he really hit the target).
June 02, 2011 03:30AM
somewhat relieved that i am not the only one who found it very challenging. i went in so confiedent and i think as soon as question 4 hit me, i was seeing stars. what really sucks is the amount of time you put in and then you see it all go down the drain...safe to say, i was miserable on my way home with my tail between my legs
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login