Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How is it going?

Posted by sheepapple 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
How is it going?
August 06, 2011 10:35AM
So how are you guys coping with it so far. Assignment 1 is due in just 3 weeks...

Anyone find any videos online? MIT 18.03 Lec 2 helped some. Also NumericalMethodsGuy.

Lets get the discussions going. It really helped with Numerical Methods 1.
August 06, 2011 03:12PM
Howzit. Had grand ideas of popping in here, seeing what the questions were, and looking at the text book to see if I could see things from a somehow interesting angle, and perhaps even occasionally have something helpful to say; but I'm pretty much swamped by the graphics and c++ courses, so not much use.

It'll probably help to cut and past assignment questions like we've been doing on the c++ course, so anyone interested who's been here before can actually see what's under discussion. Raise some particular issue, and then maybe you'll get some responses. You never know. Eg. "phyzmatix", who's doing graphics this year is a physics major, so may find some of the questions interesting from a different perspective to the numerics course's.

Hope all goes well with you. Come on people. This forum can help a lot. It certainly got me through Numerical 1.
Re: How is it going?
August 07, 2011 01:28PM
Edy, hows the C++ and graphics coming - I've left those for next semester.

Regarding your Numerical Methods 1, how did you do? I managed to score embarrassingly high - like insane high. :-/
August 07, 2011 03:01PM
C++ is all-consuming. The first assignment takes ages. Apparently that eases a little with the second assignment. The tip there is to get on with it right away. It's enjoyable in an arduous kind of way.

Graphics is a delight, conceptually speaking. I think you'll enjoy it. The assignment is giving me some head scratching to do, but because I'm doing it together with the C++, somehow it almost seems "easy" in comparison. Hopefully it doesn't eat up too many more days, because I'm still only just over half-way through the C++, and need to get back to that quite soon.

As for Numerical 1, me too (at least according to my own standards). I did better than I ever dreamt possible. Glad to hear you also managed to wildly exceed your own expectations.
Re: How is it going?
August 09, 2011 11:33AM
Thats great Edy. Sounds like that study meeting and discussions certainly helped. grinning smiley
August 09, 2011 12:19PM
They made all the difference. All of it. I walked on the clouds for a few days after I finally started believing my result. grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login