Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Third Year Module Combination - Need ur Advice

Posted by African Boy 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Third Year Module Combination - Need ur Advice
December 08, 2011 09:59AM
Good day to all.
I have the following question:

For third year module combination, will I be allowed to graduate with the following third year modules (INF3703, INF3705, INF3707, INF3720, INF3708, COS3701, COS3711, COS3721) provided that all preceding years have been fulfilled?
Here the point is that I will have 5 INF modules and 3 COS modules.
Will I graduate as Bsc Computer Science & Information Technology Software Engineering Stream?
I appreciate your Advice.
avatar Re: Third Year Module Combination - Need ur Advice
December 09, 2011 11:50AM
I am not 100% sure, but it seems to me that you have to choose 2 more subjects from:
APM3711 Numerical Methods II, COS3712 Computer Graphics, COS3751 Techniques of artificial intelligence, COS3761 Formal Logic 3
Re: Third Year Module Combination - Need ur Advice
December 10, 2011 05:39PM
Well, as far as I was aware, the "streams" will be around for the last time next year... meaning that if you originally registered for one of the streams (open for the last time for new registrations back in 2008 or 2009, if I remember correctly), then next year will be your last opportunity to register for it. Which means that you need to complete your stream next year. I could be off by a year or so with this, but I seem to recall it strongly, mainly because I was calculating what my options were in case I failed and had to re-register for subjects (yes, I'm part of the Software Engineering stream).

To answer the questions though, and you might want to check my statements against something substantial in UNISA's brochures, in order to graduate through the Software Engineering stream, you'll need to have 4 modules in COS subjects, and 4 in INF.
I think you need something like 4 modules per major subject on third level, hence the basic necessity to have 4 of each of COS and INF modules.

There is a list of subjects that are required, and then optional modules from which you can select. Off hand, your subject choices generally look fine - might require a slight adjustment of a module.

Which is not very helpful, I know and apologise. I'm not in the mood to search through brochures at this point - when I have more time and more energy (maybe tomorrow), I'll dig a bit and hopefully provide something more useful
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login