Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help

Posted by murdock619 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
March 09, 2011 02:05PM
Hi

I am reaaally struggling with this subject... What am I missing? I feel like I don't know anything...

I'm ok with Chapter 0,1, and half of chapter 2, but from there it is all a blur.

I looked at Assignment 2 and can honestly say I have no clue where to start with some of those questions.

I have never been this lost

Regards
March 09, 2011 02:54PM
Well I've only ever heard one person say it wasn't so difficult (AndreB, I think). For most of us this is just a really difficult subject.

It's really difficult, but it's also really enjoyable. The trick is to forget all the questions that hang over you, or the frustration you feel when things go slower than you're used to; and try to stick with the enjoyment aspect.

I supped it last year. Would've been happy to bash my head against this wall for an outright fail, too. Maybe I'm just an idiot who enjoys bashing his head against walls?

Don't feel too bad if it's going tough. Lots of people find that.

As for Assignment 2, start by tackling the things you feel you can make a good job of. Set yourself subgoals. Up to now you've been going for 100% or bust, but now you must make the switch to 20% is still not nothing. Get into that question you can answer, and really grok it as best you can in the time available. If there's some more time left, iterate. You may have to settle for the reward of mere knowledge in the end. Be glad of it.

Um. I think it's fair to say, too, that Chapter 3 is the hardest of the lot. Chapter 5 eases off on you a bit. So chin up!
Re: Help
March 12, 2011 02:28PM
I will agree with Eddy, chapter 3 is hard. Keep posting though. We're all learning!
Re: Help
March 14, 2011 05:08PM
Winning Murdock?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login