Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oct/Nov 2011 Exam

Posted by African Boy 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Oct/Nov 2011 Exam
November 15, 2011 01:22PM
Did anyone write the Oct/Nov exam? I see no comments here. How was it? I found it to be doable but needed preparation of course.
Re: Oct/Nov 2011 Exam
November 15, 2011 09:37PM
I thought the questions were okay.

My only concern is with the whole pencil thing.
I arrived early and decided to read what was on the back of my time table, the rules.
Rule 18: No answers in pencils will be marked!!!
All the previous programming exams that I have written had a note on the front indicating that pencils were allowed, this one didn't. This is not the sort of stress that you need just before writing.
So rather than gamble I wrote mine in pen. writing code in pen is very untidy.

'm wondering if any of the examiners/lecturers clarify this for me. Were penicls permitted and will they take into account that the untidy code is a result of me being to scared to use a pencil?
I wasted a lot of time on the first 2 by first doing it in penicl then rewriting it in pen, I then didn't have enough time to do Q4 in pencil first.

If pencils are allowed they should make sure to include such an instruction in the next exam.
November 16, 2011 08:03AM
It also says to write your student number on the top of each page of the answer book.

I have never done that.

Pencil should be fine. Most of my answers are written in pencil since 2006.

November 16, 2011 08:22PM
I do write my student number at the top of every page.
All the other exams have had the specific instruction on them that pencils are allowed.
November 16, 2011 09:31PM
They seriously cannot expect us to write code in pen and whoever insists on enforcing such a thick rule is nothing short of a RETARD. Honestly..it is so ridiculous that I wouldn't give it anymore thought. There is simply no way that anybody who knows anything about coding could or would enforce this.

Anyway...I thought the exam was okay, okay enough to pass...
November 21, 2011 04:44PM
I also thought it was okay enough to pass.
I'm not saying they will enforce it, I hope that they don't, it's just that before I wrote the exam I was so unsure that I decided not to risk it. Stress is not the friend of logical thought.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login