Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Honours Registration Waiting Period

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
Honours Registration Waiting Period
January 06, 2011 11:55AM
I registered for my Honours in Information Systems. I am a returning student and was previously admitted into the Information Systems Honours Programme last year. I opted to take a break and resume studies this year. I registered and paid the minimum amount required on 22/12/2010. I was told that I have to be officially admitted into School of Computing for the Honours Programme before commencing my studies. My question is, Is this the normal route for all Honours Registrations? I am really frustrated as I would like to begin my studying as soon as possible and am afraid I might have to wait a long time for this. Can someone who has registered for an Honours Programme please shed some light?
Anonymous User
Re: Honours Registration Waiting Period
January 10, 2011 11:43AM
i also registered on 22dec10... myunisa just shows "in process" or something like that.

i will only follow up next week...
February 22, 2011 02:16PM
did you get registered yet? I know when I first started honours I was told I had to wait for acceptance. Actually, same went for MSc. but subsequent registrations was relatively pain free
March 18, 2011 01:01PM
In my experience, you need to chase it up yourself on a regular basis. My registration last year took a very long time - I also registered early on December (2009) and only after several follow ups did the registration eventually go through quite late in the new year. This delayed the start of my studies quite significantly and had a domino effect for the rest of the year - I never managed to catch up the lost time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login