Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ending Credits

Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
October 27, 2010 12:29PM
This course is nearly over and I think now is a good time to thank everyone for his or her help during the course... To all who helped me in posts, thank you… Thanks to Mac for the advice and support given, sometimes with more humor than expected… And thank you to El-marie for the quick response on the MyLife questions… Also thank you Christa Prinsloo who's receiving our assignments... And anyone else involved in this course...

Thank you all……………………………………
Mac
Re: Ending Credits
October 27, 2010 04:52PM
Hopefully it is no laughing matter when you receive your ending credits smiling smiley

Jokes aside, I trust you have learned a lot during this introductory course. Understanding the basics (or most of it anyway), the rest is now up to you - and Google is your friend. There is much more to learn.. the next step is creating dynamic web sites with PHP and a MySQL database. Of course, we offer that as well smiling smiley Dynamic content means that you (or clients) enter (and manage information) in a database, and the information is extracted into a HTML page. Once example explains it all - you build a website for a customer, and their contact details change. Who do they call? You, because they do not know or understand HTML. So they are tied to you for life. It may sound good, because you can charge them money. But sooner or later they will get tired of contacting you and paying you to update the price of a new product. So you provide them with a simple form (as an example) that shows their current contact number as it appears in the database (and on the web page). They update the information, it is updated in the database, and is extracted to the web page. Voila. That is the future, and you will need to learn it if you want to progress as a web developer. Having said that, you do need experience in HTML - and that is what you have now. HTML-knowledge helps you to display the information you draw from the database.

This is such important information that I have now made this post sticky.
October 27, 2010 07:32PM
Agreed Steyn, Thanks to all who helped me smiling smiley

Mac (if you the admin there to) and hopefully most of the students from this course I'll be seeing you next year doing the course in php grinning smiley

Oh and festive greetings to all (seeing as it's basically that time of year again) tongue sticking out smiley

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Student Number:72793775
Anonymous User
October 28, 2010 07:58AM
Thank u everyone!!!
October 28, 2010 10:28AM
I would also like to say thanks to everyone, so glad I am doing this course, I have learned so much.

Carica -72564202 smile
October 28, 2010 05:21PM
Click here for more information...
October 29, 2010 02:46PM
Thank you, I will definitely be back for PHP, this course has been great! My baby is due in a few weeks so we've finished just in time!!!

Cheers everyone!smile

Student Number: 7277-873-3
November 01, 2010 11:37AM
Thanks a lot to everyone thumbs up smiley
November 03, 2010 09:29AM
Hey everyone,

Thanx for all your help during this past 6 months. It has been a great pleasure learning with you.
All the best for the future and may you become great designers...but not as great as me.tongue sticking out smiley

hehe

Monique

"GOING FROM BEYOND THE SURFACE"
November 03, 2010 09:51AM
Thanks to all smile
November 03, 2010 11:30PM
I second all the sentiments conveyed in the posts. I had a bit of knowledge coming in, but managed to learn so much more through the course. Some of the latter work was a lot tougher than I expected, but now I have a good grounding and a much better ability to help myself in terms of piecing together code snippets and figuring out how they work. So thank you very much and I look forward to taking some of the other courses in the year ahead. thumbs up
November 05, 2010 07:41AM
I agree completely with everyones sentiment!
I loved this course - sometimes it challenged me, other times it was a breeze.
But it definitely was a learning curve.

@Mac - you are completely right in saying that Google is your friend!
The more time you spend with it, the better you get to know it!

I will see you all hopefully next year for php!

confused smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login