Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EABOK

Posted by jxharding 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
EABOK
March 22, 2010 07:34AM
http://www.mitre.org/work/tech_papers/tech_papers_04/04_0104/04_0104.pdf

wiki says The current printable version is dated 06-Feb-2004 and edited by Dr Paula J Hagan. It has been approved for public release; distribution unlimited. New sections and expansions of current "stubs" are under development within MITRE and will be released to the web on an ad-hoc basis.

i thus take it this is the document.

holy crap ,141 pages in this PDF, another 800 for the TOGAF, wonder how many exam marks will be allocated to EABOK and TOGAF?
at least were getting exposed to these standards in the course, which is great

are you gonna print out the 1000 odd pages for the 2 guides?
Re: EABOK
March 22, 2010 07:39AM
i dont know at this stage how deep we need to delve into EABOK and TOGAF, i cannot say for sure to what extent the remaining assignments use these references, but i cannot find the phrases in the remaining assignments.
dont know if it just a portion of the EABOK and TOGAF that we should study.

wonder if i/someone should contact the lecturer?
March 22, 2010 03:55PM
I didn't see any references to those either.

I didn''t actually see that we needed EABOK...will have to go read again
March 22, 2010 04:21PM
q 3b (20 marks)

Construct your own definition of Enterprise architecture by referring to the textbook, the EA
Body of Knowledge, the open group TOGAF and other relevant sources. Show the development
of your definition in detail

what im going to do is post the definitions of each of the sources, and then create my down definition afterwards.
i'll alter the original sources only in a manner that it will make it easier for me to understand when i re read it again, and prob a bit more summative than in the TOGAF and EABOK references
March 22, 2010 06:14PM
I haven't started with the assignment yet, but will probably do it either over the weekend or early next week

Good luck

Oh, did you buy TOGAF or did you find a free version?
March 22, 2010 08:46PM
Hi Guys,

The best I could get was a draft guide to EABOK from mitre.org. I haven't yet got TOGAF copy but have visited their website. Any copy? I have done and submited my first assignment already. I am busy with the second one. There are active discussions on EA at http://it.toolbox.com/ that seem very interesting on this subject and many others. Try out.smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login