Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 01

Posted by Nabusiu 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment 01
April 19, 2010 04:35PM
Hi,

I have difficulties understanding the format in which we are rquired to answer question 01 of assignment 01. Anyone who has attempted this question and how did you approach it? I will be grateful for your clarification.
Re: Assignment 01
April 20, 2010 02:26PM
What's the question, maybe I can assist in some way.
April 20, 2010 08:34PM
Hi, Look at the structure in tutorial letter 01. I do not understand how to frame my answers into that format.
April 21, 2010 09:07AM
I'm not an INF425 student now but I did it last year. Would you like to send me the Tut letter 01 so that I can have a look.

charlottenk@joburg.org.za
April 29, 2010 09:01AM
I haven't yet read the articles for this question, but my understanding is to create 9 schemas in the format given in the example, one schema for each factor related to software project failure.
Within each schema, complete 'Inherent nature of software' factors as yes/no depending on how they relate to the specific factor related to software project failure under consideration (relate to article by Brooks). Under 'Motivation' in this section, explain why/how you arrived at your ratings.
And complete 'Characteristics and behaviours' of the project manager in relation to the specific factor associated with project failure under consideration (relate to article by Zimmerer and Yasin). Under 'Motivation' in this section, explain why/how you arrived at your ratings.
Once I have read the articles, if I change the way I approach this question I will let you know.
Regards.
April 29, 2010 08:30PM
Hi Nanthu,

Thank you for the clarification on the answering format. It now makes sense after reading through the articles.

Regards
Anonymous User
May 01, 2010 02:58PM
Hi Guys! I am doing this model INF425

Do anyone know where to find the articles online? or how to dowload the specified articles for assignments online? I have difficulties on how to approach question 1, anyone with a clue!

My email :keburegi@yahoo.com

Thanks guys;
May 03, 2010 12:08PM
hi

you can get the articles online from osprey.unisa.ac.za under the downloads section. The username name is: @#$%& and the password is: SOC2010.

I'm having difficulties understanding how the characteristics and behaviors related to the factors. Anyone, please help clear this up for me.....

regards

46296514@mylife.unisa.ac.za
May 03, 2010 10:01PM
hi guys...
annybody who hhas a opy of Daniels' 'Complexity as a cause of failure' article, please help me out........send me a copy please.

46296514@mylife.unisa.ac.za

cheers
May 03, 2010 10:20PM
May 04, 2010 11:11AM
nanthu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I haven't yet read the articles for this question,
> but my understanding is to create 9 schemas in the
> format given in the example, one schema for each
> factor related to software project failure.
> Within each schema, complete 'Inherent nature of
> software' factors as yes/no depending on how they
> relate to the specific factor related to software
> project failure under consideration (relate to
> article by Brooks). Under 'Motivation' in this
> section, explain why/how you arrived at your
> ratings.
> And complete 'Characteristics and behaviours' of
> the project manager in relation to the specific
> factor associated with project failure under
> consideration (relate to article by Zimmerer and
> Yasin). Under 'Motivation' in this section,
> explain why/how you arrived at your ratings.
> Once I have read the articles, if I change the way
> I approach this question I will let you know.
> Regards.

Thanks for the initial clarification.Just Two questions under the portion''Characteristics and behaviours'' How will you arrive at answering YES or NO under each factor.
For example if i happen to answer YES or NO to all of them,what will be my motivation? I will be happy if you can shed more light on this.

Regrads
MB
May 04, 2010 11:13AM
Articles are also posted on MyUnisa Discussion Forum.
May 04, 2010 11:19AM
@ mbupen:

I have still not read the article...but, Characteristics & Behaviour Yes/No answers should relate to Zimmerman & Yasin article, I presume. What you decide to put in there (i.e. Yes or No for each of characteristic/behaviour already listed for you on the left) will be justified by some thing(s) in the article.
Regards.
May 05, 2010 09:03AM
nanthu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @ mbupen:
>
> I have still not read the article...but,
> Characteristics & Behaviour Yes/No answers should
> relate to Zimmerman & Yasin article, I presume.
> What you decide to put in there (i.e. Yes or No
> for each of characteristic/behaviour already
> listed for you on the left) will be justified by
> some thing(s) in the article.
> Regards.

Thanks and Regards.
May 06, 2010 12:09AM
hi guys.....
im using edition four of Hughes.....i can not see/find "Appendix A" that is referred to in question 2 of assignment 01. If you have a copy, or, you know where I find it, please hhelp out!

yeapmnce@gmail.com

thanx
May 06, 2010 09:26PM
@ Mnce', Appendix A is a brief account of PRINCE2 project management methodology. You can probably google to get the same basic info - not a huge amount of detail but more or less the basic activities and what gets done in them. All the best. Regards.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login