Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

recommended amount of pages your project should have ?

Posted by jxharding 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
recommended amount of pages your project should have ?
February 22, 2011 10:00AM
Is there a guideline as to the recommended amount of pages your project should have?
any suggestions
Re: recommended amount of pages your project should have ?
February 22, 2011 01:12PM
Hi
I want to register for this module this year... but i am wondering do you choose your own topic???
February 23, 2011 07:49PM
Report Length

Number of pages depends on topic and the Prof. Mine has amounted to about 165 with 6 pages of references and a very large amount of research data in appendices. The actual report is around 110 pages - Calibri 12, line spacing 1.2. Larger left than right margin. Graphs, charts and diagrams are included. So your report length will be determined by prescribed layout as well as content and Prof's endurance for reading! Will differ based on many factors.

Topic
You have to look through a list of topics and apply to that Prof./supervisor. I was well-advised last year:
First choose our supervisor
Then choose your topic based on passion and interests

Good luck - it's a lot of hard work but really rewarding, opening doors to Masters study.
February 24, 2011 08:42AM
thanks for the advice pathleader!
that is lot of pages!!! a mini thesis at UCT for Masters in IS is 100 pages, holy smoke!
February 25, 2011 07:01AM
I also recommend this module (or the new version from 2011).
If you have not got the appetite for it, then Masters is probably not a great idea either!

Mine was around 100 pages, with 11pt font and line spacing of 1. To compare to Pathleader, at 1.2 and 12pt, mine would have been +- 125-130 pages.

But it is just the first 100 pages that are hard grinning smiley grinning smiley
February 25, 2011 10:22PM
Me again! Proof-reading my own work as I go to the printer tomorrow. It's going to be an all-nighter - I hope this is the last time I miss my duvet for Hons. At this point, I am in the mood for a braai and some good red wine. Funny thing that! Only at the last moments, just before the success point, do these distracting devils appear. Perhaps a braai is a bad idea. I might incinerate this project before I get to the printer. I think this reluctance to complete is about letting go but for Heavens' Sakes, why am I holding on like this?

Cheers to others that have been doing Hons subjects for the last 2 years and if you still have a few modules to do, it's a matter of one step at a time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login