Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The value of this forum

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
The value of this forum
February 18, 2010 05:05PM
When I did my PhD, I was in a support group that physically met weekly with fellow colleagues (students in your case) over coffee to discuss progress and problems. Everyone got a chance to report back. Most of the time we discussed everything but our studies! Point is - there existed a bond between us. Intuitively we understood the real issues, and some lied outside our studies. And it was so good to have an opportunity to share those issues with people that "understood" what you are going through.

Maybe we then need to create a private forum for you - if there is a need for it?

Trust me when I say that in the case of a Masters and a PhD, fellow student support is what motivates and pulls you through. Of course this forum may potentially also assist in other issues related to your studies, for the benefit of all.
Anonymous User
Re: The value of this forum
February 19, 2010 10:08AM
does rklopper count as an M student even though he is registered through Pretoria? and me and nlombard seeing as we are still in the process of being registered?

Also, are there even 10 M /phd students who would be interested?
Mac
February 19, 2010 10:17AM
I would think anyone doing an M is welcome? As long as you are about there... I would have renamed the forum to include PhD - but PhD has different requirements and if people start discussing their stuff like how to go about doing things, then it may be confusing both ways - until you have a meeting with your supervisor again smiling smiley I don't know.
avatar Re: The value of this forum
February 22, 2010 08:46AM
Count me in although I'm still in the process of registration.
Just for interest - approx how many M students are there?
May 03, 2010 09:31PM
Well here's another one. Msc Information Systems for me. Its all a bit daunting at this stage, amazing what a year off does to your abilities to study :\
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login