Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Practical issue/problem

Posted by ziy 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Re: Practical issue/problem
October 25, 2010 09:56PM
Hi ziy,

I had the same problem with the 'n' issue... it is because when you edit, the newline code that PHP uses gets converted from \n to n. You have to edit those bits back to how they were. Easiest is to download the file, edit then upload again rather than doing it on the OS editing viewer.

Hope that makes sense. Alice
Mac
October 26, 2010 06:28AM
Yip, do not play with the PHP code if you do not know PHP smiling smiley
ziy
October 26, 2010 01:53PM
Hi mac

When i upload my oscommerce.gif file into includes/ images, the image doesn't show.
No php was touched.

i don't wanna do anything else, adhering to the previous warnings...
ziy
October 27, 2010 05:02AM
Hi mac

Nevermind , sorted it out. I wasn't doing somethin right.

By the way thankz Ajarvis
Mac
October 27, 2010 07:39AM
What did you do wrong?
ziy
October 27, 2010 09:53AM
Hi mac

All of my problems started when in when i decided to play with the PHP back in september.
I decided it was best to have those files back to their original PHP.

For nnn problem it was sorted it out with the download and upload approach.
The same for the header file. And it paid of.
It all works perfectly now.
Every problem i had before is gone.
DPM
October 28, 2010 12:16PM
Hi Mac

Please could you advise as to the following, when amending currency?

Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for South African Rand (ZAR) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.
Error: The exchange rate for South African Rand (ZAR) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?

Also, I still have the following errors on my "home page" as such, is this something I should ignore as I know you said as much on an earlier post!

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /var/www/osprey/mac/ecom/10/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Thanks and regards,
Duncan
Mac
October 28, 2010 12:40PM
The error is not on your side. It is server/network related. You have to do it manually.

The configuration file is something I sort out server side so you can ignore it (it is password controlled)
DPM
October 29, 2010 06:20AM
Hi Mac

Please can I get some advice. I'm clearly missing something fundamental because in spite of uploading images/ products and populating every field I can in admin, my cart "homepage" remains unchanged. I have been through the os Commerce docs a couple of times and I know that I'm probably missing something. Are there changes in any php files that I need to make in order to populate? If its more obvious than that then please let me know and I'll carry on.
Thanks
DPM
Mac
October 29, 2010 07:01AM
You should have asked earlier smiling smiley it was a config error on the cart side -> the front-end database pointed at a different one than where your information is saved

includes/configure.php read
Language: PHP
define(';DB_DATABASE';, ';oscom10';);
and admin/includes/configure.php read
Language: PHP
define(';DB_DATABASE';, ';oscom2';);
This the cart was updated to the correct database (you are 10) but the front-end drew its information from 2, which is empty.

Until last year configuring the cart through the two files was part of the prac (stduents had making the neccessary changes in these two config files), but I decided to stop it since it lead to many errors. A lesson for me here - I need to ask students to check if the configuration is correct.

When you install oscommerce these two files msut reflect your installation environment..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login