Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

student_man.php

Posted by theSinthesizer 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
October 03, 2010 12:45PM
sup mac,

about form validation, i c that you said we don't have to worry about this but i have a quest.

I've been wrecking my brainz out regarding the administrator changing the student's ID No. to an
ID No. that already exists. It seems that there aren't enough user unique fields. So far, ID No. and Student No. are unique to each student.

I thought about using cell number and email address as other differentiating fields, but i think that itz possible for two people to share the same cell no and email add.

Please say if i'm stressing about a non-NB...as in we won't be marked on something like this. smile
Mac
Re: student_man.php
October 04, 2010 07:07AM
You are stressing.... just stay with what is asked - do not try to add more or less. But you are correct - in a full app one would check for duplicate id numbers - perhaps even make the id number the primary key field which means even if you are not checking for this by way of code, you will get an error since primary key has to be unique (also read up on composite primary key, meaning student number and id number as a composite primary key). Many ways to do this, but do not worry about this now. Get the basic code correct, then as you progress with PHP you start worrying about these issues.
October 04, 2010 01:04PM
hi mac,

should i write code which states "No records found" when there are no records in the table - for instance when there are no course names or is this not necessary?

And would i be right in saying that the value of the "year" field is only entered in the edit student form page, and then displayed with the listing of student names, in the page associated with
students_course.php page.

>>>
The One that owns The Technology rulez the world!
Mac
Re: student_man.php
October 04, 2010 05:50PM
Yes to the 1st one - if I do a query on what is required, you cannot present me with a blank page.
2nd one - a year is associated with a course, so when a student selects a course, then he is registered for that course and that year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login