Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pre-Assigment Question 3 - Discussion on domain name issues

Posted by MoniqueBez 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Pre-Assigment Question 3 - Discussion on domain name issues
February 16, 2010 07:22AM
Most Expensive: R1 000 per year
Least Expensive: R57 per year
Free: www.nom.za

All payments go to UniForum SA

Assigment contains numerous sites & amounts per year.
Re: Pre-Assigment Question 3 - Discussion on domain name issues
February 17, 2010 09:07PM
3.Web Africa www.webafrica.co.za had various hosting packages to tailor your needs to host a website and registration. The .co.za package is R99.00 per annum. The special at the moment is if you pay 3 months in advance for any of the hosting packages, they will give you a free bundled domain name co.za,.com, .net, .org or .biz of your choice for a year. They host a wide selection of packages unlike Serve Hosting www.serv.co.za who just offer a Linux Hosting package at R29-00 a month and R55-00 yearly.

SA DOMAIN www.sadomain.co.za will charge you R250-00 yearly for a co.za domain registration, hosting and 1 email. . BZ IS R400.00 / .CC R400.00 AND .EU R170. This package offers you 3mb of space, monthly traffic, 150mb,1 pop3 email address and extra traffic R0.20 per MB. They also just offer individual pricing for the package you need with around a R100 to register a domain name and depending on the plan about R25.00 to R500.00 a month.

The registration fee goes to the Registrar (Registration Office) on our behalf and they check if the domain name is in use.

I stumbled on one organization that did offer free domain registration service and that was ZA NIC. www.za.net They especially offer this to non-profit organizations and privately owned businesses that do not have the means to pay for a domain name registration. However you are responsible for finding a suitable ISP to do your hosting. There is warning to those getting free domain names; it is the property of the service provider and not yours. Also many people have been mislead, when you have created your webpage and someone types in the address of it , your computer goes to the ISP page or a page “UNDER CONSTRUCTION”.Always read fine print.
[/size]
February 19, 2010 05:24PM
Web Africa: R 99 for .co.za / R 149 for .com / R149 for .org
Imaginet: R 171 for .co.za/.com/.org
EHOST: R 120 for .co.za / R 200 for .com/.org/.net

Domain name fees go to a Domain name Authority.

Free Domain name registration at ZA NIC at www.za.net
February 21, 2010 05:34PM
Domain name registration services:
www.cozahost.com
www.serv.co.za
www.webafrica.co.za

Cost to register domain name:
Cozahost domain name registration is R249.00 for initial registration and setup of your home page.
Annual renewal is R175.00 per yearmafter the first year.

To whom does registration fee go:
All payments go to the registration office.

Do any ISPs provide a free domain name registration servis:
No business can give away it's product for free and stay in business. Beware of the "free" domain name. Once you start using your domain name it is worth a thousand times more than it's registration costs (and ISPs know this) - so read the fine prints.

For more information about payments, see the above mentioned sites.
March 05, 2011 02:19PM
I'm completely disagree with it. I would always prefer the best one except the cheap domain name or hosting provider. I'm sure about that if you choose the cheap domain or hosting and after few times, when you were facing difficulties there is no one to help you. So always go with a best one and who will provide the full time tech support to shoot out all your troubles.
My current domain registrar, named Domain registration, is excellent in all aspects. it would providing me the best domain name and outstanding hosting services within a handsome money that anyone can easily afford it. You can hardly spend 5-10$ for purchasing a domain name and 2-3$/month for buying a domain name.
I will highly recommend to everyone to use these company services.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login