Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

use case diagram

Posted by rossamr 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
use case diagram
October 12, 2006 02:51PM
why is univercity reg system not an actor in q8 in tut 203?
Re: use case diagram
October 12, 2006 06:53PM
i'm not completely sure which question you're refering to - q8 in tut203 is not abt use-cases....

what system is being modeled in that question?
October 12, 2006 09:23PM
University registration system - its the first question in the tut pack after the exam tips

You have a student actor (stick figure) on the left connected to a use cas bubble - called Register for course - (This is the only on agree with)

then all the use case bubbles underneath that are linked by arrows to each other in an encapsulating box called the university registration system ?

The last use case then point back to the student actor ?

October 12, 2006 09:48PM
I don't agree with it either.

It would make more sense to add the University on the right and link it with all of them and remove the arrows between the use cases.

October 13, 2006 08:53AM
I don't think it would be correct to have the univ. reg. system on the right hand-side because that is the system you are modeling and therefore needs to be perform all the functions stated. The registration system is the one that accepts the forms and performs the verfication of the results and so forth.

My understanding is that on the right, you normally have things that the system inteacts with after it has done processing or mnipulaion of the data. It's typically some form of hardware,although it could be any thing or actor eg. printer, camera, mechanical robot, another person, etc. In this case I think I would have put something like the finance dept or despatch dept, etc.

I don't agree with the arrows between bubbles - it suggests to me that the functions are perforomed as a unit and not individually. for example that the student can't pay fees at a later stage after registration or that they cannot only check results without going throught the whole registration process. Also the last arrow pointing back to the student doesn't seem right - it is not the system that despatches the tut matter (unless the tut matter is in elecronic format and the systems e-mails it to the student), information is passes to the despatch department who then puts together the tut matter for the student to collect. That's why it would make more sense to me to have the despatch department on the right-hand-side of this use case.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login