Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Done, dusted

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
Done, dusted
November 12, 2010 10:44AM
I assume there's hardly any student taking this module - I was the only one writing at my centre

Anyway, I found it reasonable but must admit I've been doing tonnes of ND proofs.

My guess between 75 - 80%
November 12, 2010 12:00PM
There were three in Durban.

I thought it was fair, I too spammed ND proofs, but still was not hot at modal proofs, and my predicate logic proofs are shady at best. I think I managed to do ok in all proofs except the first modal.

Ive never been good at induction, so that is pretty much a 2 method mark write off.

Overall, probably my hardest exam yet, but I think I will pass comfortably, between 60-75%
Re: Done, dusted
November 12, 2010 12:11PM
In Parow (Cape Town), there were I think 6-7 of us. But like you guys, I thought the exam was very fair.
If you knew the work, you passed. Some of the questions were a little challenging - some of the ND proofs, but I think for all of them, I got some marks at least.

I am also usually not that good at induction, but managed to solve this one (I think).

Overall, a decent exam. Just one more to go.
November 12, 2010 12:14PM
Managed the ND proofs. Messed up the induction. OK with Kripke. Not much time to think about things.

November 12, 2010 12:17PM
I think I had seen all those proofs before by going through this years and last years assignments.

I was bummed there was no Horn clause satisfiability question.

The 2nd part of the kripke is easy tongue sticking out smiley
I didnt understand it till I looked at the answer to the assignment 3 question about it, and it all fit together there
November 12, 2010 12:35PM
No substitutions either. That would have been easy marks. There was an abstract question about f(x) been bound for y, or there abouts.

November 12, 2010 01:59PM
There were 2 of us at DLI in Durban and it had me worried when the other guy got up and left with 30-45mins to go (can't remember exactly).
I never really got the hang of induction, tried to practice it a few times for this exam but eventually decided to write it off. I did manage to get through some of the inductive steps so hopefully I get some marks there. The rest of the paper was great, some challenging questions, some easy marks and overall probably the best quality paper I've written this year.

Hoping for 70%-80% at least.

This was my last exam for the year smileys with beer now to wait for the resultsdrinking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login