Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 02 results

Posted by hemma_18 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment 02 results
May 31, 2006 09:38PM
Has anyone received the results for assignment 02? assignment 03 has already been submitted and i wonder what's taking UNISA so much time to mark those assignments confused smiley

hemma
Re: Assignment 02 results
May 31, 2006 09:49PM
Mine is available on myunisa. I have got only 23 credits.
May 31, 2006 09:55PM
since when you got your results? cuz i see that the solutions are out too...
June 01, 2006 09:51AM
I haven't received my assignment 2 results back either. Some of my modules are taking a really long time to get results back, apparently its due to a backlog in the assignments department.
Re: Assignment 02 results - not mine
June 05, 2006 09:35PM
I just received someone else's assignment back and I was given their mark.
I am not happy with the mark either, I wish the other person studied harder.
I have emailed the lecturers on INF303@osprey.unisa.ac.za to have the situation rectified.
June 09, 2006 03:53PM
i'm really starting to have big doubts as to how they mark the assignments.. i am very disappointed with the marks.. i got only 22 credits.. man if this goes on, i will not even have enough credits to qualify for the exams!!! this is really hard and i believe getting 100 credits out of only 200 (for the four assgts) is quite a tough job this year.. hope unisa lecturers realise this
June 09, 2006 08:24PM
I am confuse too.It seems there has been a mix up.
June 10, 2006 12:53PM
Yah, I'm quite surprised with the results I'm getting for this module. I think I have quite a good grasp on database concepts, been a programmer for four years. I can agree with some of the marks I lost on Assignment 1 but definitely not all of them. Didn't get what I expected for Assignment 2 either, can't wait to get that Assignment back to see where I lost the marks.
June 10, 2006 03:06PM
I've still not got any of my assignments back.. Even i agree that i might have lost some marks in assgt 01 because i didn't know the subject but now i believe i do have a good grasp.. neway will have to wait and see
June 11, 2006 09:25AM
I have emailed the lecturers. will get clarifications sooon I hope and will let you know
avatar Re: Assignment 02 results
June 11, 2006 01:58PM
My marks have been good for both assignment 1 and assignment 2.

You guys with bad marks must simply have got the answers wrong.

geez...

-- ilAn
June 12, 2006 08:42PM
I emailed the lecturers and they told me that they were looking for 5 assignments. Anybody who've got another assignment together with theirs please give the student Nos on it to the lecturers.
June 15, 2006 11:53AM
MY FIrst ass was very poor as they (?) messed my assignment header with someone elses and only one page at it so I was given 15/15 but that was totally it.

My ass 2 was mixed up as well, I was told that okay-good, but bad presentation or something - can't remember. My assignments have been submittted via myunisa and they stapled together my stuff in the wrong order and upside down etc ...

Unisa should throw money at the problems - we students are suffering .
June 15, 2006 01:29PM
Hmm.

I always add a header to my assignments.

The header is PageNo/PageCount.

So if I send 5 pages: on page 1, on the top right, is "page 1 of 5"
etc etc.

I also put on the header on each page, my name, student #, assignment # and course code.

I also always submit a cover page that has on it an index.
The index lists the questions and the pages they are answered on.

eg Question 1 - p2
Question 2 - p3-4
etc

I also always submit the assignment as a pdf. (I use open office and press the convert to pdf button.) This ensures that the same fonts and sizes and line spacing is on the hard copy that is printed - if you use word etc these kind of settings are provided by the instances opening the .doc file and is not necessarily the same as you sent it.

So far, bless the name, I have never had a problem.

-- ilAn
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login