Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 3 - question 5

Posted by InSaNiE 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment 3 - question 5
May 16, 2010 12:53PM
Hi all

Just wanting to make sure before I go off on this mission - the complete game tree for this questions is going to pretty damn large, right?
I have started it, and very quickly there are lots of nodes (I have excluded the "symmetrical nodes" ). Its not very difficult, just lots of keep track of - and before I carry on expanding the tree, I want to make sure I am on the right track.

Everyone else experiencing the same thing?

Thanks
avatar Re: Assignment 3 - question 5
May 16, 2010 10:01PM
Yes, I also found it to be quite large, even with the symmetrical nodes. Simple enough starting it off, where you only have 3 places to put an o or x, but I got stuck in keeping track of the different combinations of x and o's. I handed it it in "as is", prepared to take one on the chin here...
Re: Assignment 3 - question 5
May 17, 2010 11:50AM
Thanks for the feedback!

I will try and expand it all the way - and see how it goes. The big problem is just trying to keep track of the different combo's....

But at least I am on the right track smiling smiley
May 19, 2010 09:36AM
Doing some more investigations on this - it seems like the complete game tree has just under 27 000 nodes. Are we really expected to draw this complete diagram?

Has anyone spoken to any of the lectures on this regard?
May 19, 2010 09:44AM
I just did the first 4 rows and stopped, because it started expanding too much after that.
May 19, 2010 06:56PM
@Insanie - If its 27 000 nodes, I doubt they'd want that, because they'd sure not want to mark it. Also, at a certain point humans stop losing precision. If we were expected to draw out 27 000 nodes, there'd be no use for computers smiling smiley
June 03, 2010 10:14PM
Even after 3 moves...how did you all fit the damn tree on a page?
June 06, 2010 08:22PM
I figured that it would be unlikely that the lecturers would want us to spend so much time drawing all of the nodes, so I used the Alpha-Beta Pruning (page 167) which meant that I got to the answer/goal node quite quickly in comparison to when I was recursively drawing all of the options to every node. I think I landed up drawing about 60 (or just less) nodes for this version of the answer.

Would still be nice to be able to confirm that it's what they want...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login