Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 3: Members and Administrators

Posted by rezrovs 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment 3: Members and Administrators
August 24, 2010 10:40PM
Ok, so I'm nearly finished now and I've realised I might be completely wrong...

I have Member and RegionalAdministrator as two separate classes that are not related to each other. A member cannot be marked as an administrator as an administrator is not a member. When the user logs in, they are either one of the hard coded username and passwords, or the system reads the file of regional administrators and determines if that region has a regional administrator or not.

But when trying to hammer in the visitor pattern I've realised that it might have been expected that this was the other way around. That a RegionalAdministrator is a member and that the national administrator and exhibition organizer are also members.

Going to phone them in the morning and see how much more work I have on my plate.

What have you guys done?
Re: Assignment 3: Members and Administrators
August 25, 2010 10:20AM
How can the three people that are part of a company or corporation, be members. Let say you are the national administrator for the guild and I am the regional administrator for the Durban region, and your job is to maintain the list of members, and list of regional admins. Maintain a list of regional admins, because you could say the regional admins are the children of the national admin. The members are the people of the public, the people that do not work for the guild. Like entering any competition, let say post cooking competition, only people of the public are supposed to enter, not any members of the organization that are organizating the competition.

The exhibition organizer is either the national administrator (you) or one of the regional administrator (me). According the tutorial letter, the national administrator would be prefered, however, if you got sick, with flu, the you cannot go to work, so one of the regional administrator (me) can take over your position as a temporary exhibition organizer for the day of the exhibition.

Makes any sense. Well, this is my understanding.

Ronica
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login