Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam Post Mortem

Posted by PubCrawler007 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
November 01, 2010 11:04AM
So - now that that is over - How was it for you guys? I found it was lekker, had a good time writing it. Some minor guess work here and there, but in general went well
November 01, 2010 11:27AM
I really enjoyed that paper, especially after having INF308J last week.
I just wish I had more time, to check my TMs and PDAs. smoking smiley

Now I need to revise for tomorrow's paper.
Rey
Re: Exam Post Mortem
November 01, 2010 11:28AM
Was good. Got stumped on question 1a grinning smiley, calmed down and the rest went well!

Drawing the 2PDA and TM was LONG, I think I got them, but goofed on the unary encoded TM, but hopefully some method marks.

The Lemma were pumped the the Kleene proof was a star. I think I passed. Not gonna jinx it!

I have doubts now that I'm finished, like, it was DRAW the machines and not describe right eye popping smiley
November 01, 2010 11:35AM
mmm, I drew them... I got the impression that they will make it clear if you have to describe it. I think??
November 01, 2010 11:49AM
I found the TM and 2PDA quite tricky. Lots of things to consider, particularly with the 2PDA. Took ages drawing them, leaving one big mass of drawing behind afterwards. I am sure mine will be correct, but with diagrams that large, one can never be 100% certain. I would not want to be the marker, having to trace through all of them.

I found the pumping lemma question hard too, but that part of the sylabus is a major weakness for me.

Otherwise all went ok.
November 01, 2010 12:35PM
Thanks for the model answers, which helped.
All was good except the 2PDA, which I did not finish.

Well. I thought was good. See if the markers agree.

November 01, 2010 12:50PM
I found the paper a bit harder than expected, most of the questions was the same type of questions as in the examples, but I personally felt they were a bit harder. That being said, I still feel that it went well and nothing was undoable. Although, as SCag said, with the size of some of the machines it's hard to be sure whether they are correct or not. I'm pretty sure I'll pass, but hoping for an exemption.
November 01, 2010 02:47PM
I was bummed to see the paper was out of 90. I dont like papers with less than 100 marks sad smiley
Rey
November 01, 2010 07:24PM
Now that everyone is talking , it's making me even MORE nervous. My Machines weren't that big, just challenging.
November 01, 2010 08:21PM
Doesnt mean yours were wrong, maybe you just thought of more efficient answers. Since it isnt a requirement for the machine to be efficient, any machine that does the job will do.
November 01, 2010 09:00PM
My 2PDA was clunky but I think it works.
I know my anbn-type TM is a fail. That one threw me. Quietly hoping for a solid pass here.
November 02, 2010 11:26AM
I found the exam pretty straightforward, I finished in 1:30. I made my TM with 7 steps. Did I miss something?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login