Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ass4 Q5

Posted by PubCrawler007 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
June 06, 2010 11:24PM
The question gives the following CWL:
ababababab
This does not seem to me like a valid CWL, since there seem to have slipped an extra caracter in there. Anyone else had this problem?
J
Re: Ass4 Q5
June 20, 2010 03:07PM
your CWL should be much longer than that considering that you have more than one rows in your table.Each row contributes characters(more or less the same number of characters as what you have posted) to the overall CWL. Check that out.
June 22, 2010 01:03PM
There will always be a min of 7 chars, 2 b markers, 2 chars for read, 2 chars for write and 1 char for move. The rest of the chars comes from the state number, eg state 3 = aaa.
We should have a total of 9 chars for our question, we are give 10. Therefore 1 is extra, but which one that is the question?
June 24, 2010 06:57PM
This word in CWL may mean from 1 to 2. Instead of 1 to 1.
If you drop the last b for the word to be in CWL, this TM will accept nothing.

June 26, 2010 11:17AM
"This word in CWL may mean from 1 to 2. Instead of 1 to 1"
This is not correct, if you drop the 2nd b, you will get 1 to 2, but no movement operation at the end.
June 28, 2010 08:10PM
I would not say it is incorrect. Just one of many manipulations as to guess what the correct word is.

Back to the original word.
What to do with the last b? Ignore it?

July 01, 2010 01:09PM
From myUNiSA forum

Dear Students

My apologies for a late response. One of my best friends, 42 years of age, passed away about 3 weeks ago. Needless to say it had quite a negative impact on me and I was not as productive as usual. You are correct there is an error in terms of a code word --- one extra b appears in the so called code word. However, per definition of ALAN, p549 of Cohen, we can argue that the word belongs to ALAN because it does not represent any TM. Question 5 will not be marked. In general, it is best to answer a question like this in the most logical manner as possible. Thus provide the TM table, indicate the extra b argue that the word does not represent a TM and thus if we look at the definition of ALAn we can conclude that the word belongs to ALAN. Remember the if you are answering these type of questions then the flow of logic is at the end the most important.

Regards
C Reyneke (2010-07-01 11:22)

Click here to login