Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignments 2 & 3

Posted by MotaBoy 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
May 06, 2010 08:34AM
Has anybody received their results for assignments 2 and 3 yet? The exam is approaching and there is no tut 202 or 203 yet and I have no results for those assignments.
Re: Assignments 2 & 3
May 06, 2010 11:13AM
when is the exam?
May 06, 2010 01:14PM
25 May
ra
May 06, 2010 06:06PM
I also only received my Assignment 1 result thus far.
May 07, 2010 09:46AM
Yea. I did this course last year (and the year before that) when it was a full year course. Same thing, I would only get my results 2-3 months after closing date. This is actually a very interesting course but the UNISA-supplied material and assignment-feedback is k-k. Just look at the mismatch between the knowledge in the textbook and what's used in assignment solutions. The most helpful thing for me was a big adsl cap and lots of time on youtube where there are some great free lectures.

I also don't know how they could have crammed all this work into a semester course!!!

But at least I'm doing it next semester only, maybe they'll see what semesterisation does for you guys and come up with something reasonable.

Good luck in your exam though, let me know how it goes. I've yet to see an osprey post in the numerical methods II group.
May 07, 2010 10:18AM
mtxr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> after closing date. This is actually a very
> interesting course but the UNISA-supplied material
> and assignment-feedback is k-k. Just look at the

This is the problem. The book is ok, but a bit confusing. The exam is 17 days away, yet I have no idea if what I submitted for Assignment 2 & 3 is even close to correct. They uploaded a past exam paper onto myunisa, but no solution (or even just a final answer) so again I can work thorugh it, but I have no way of knowing if it is correct.
ra
May 07, 2010 06:04PM
Received my assignment 2 mark today.

mtxr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yea. I did this course last year (and the year
> before that) when it was a full year course. Same
> thing, I would only get my results 2-3 months
> after closing date. This is actually a very
> interesting course but the UNISA-supplied material
> and assignment-feedback is k-k. Just look at the
> mismatch between the knowledge in the textbook and
> what's used in assignment solutions. The most
> helpful thing for me was a big adsl cap and lots
> of time on youtube where there are some great free
> lectures.

could you post those links here, please? they would come in handy

> I also don't know how they could have crammed all
> this work into a semester course!!!
>
> But at least I'm doing it next semester only,
> maybe they'll see what semesterisation does for
> you guys and come up with something reasonable.
>
> Good luck in your exam though, let me know how it
> goes. I've yet to see an osprey post in the
> numerical methods II group.

This is definitely the hardest course I've done.
I'll echo MotaBoy. The textbook is interesting, but not enough. If there is one course that requires a study guide, this is it.
This course is overall way too much work for a single semester and there are no clear guidelines as to what is required.
May 24, 2010 09:32AM
Well, having 3 kids and a full job I think I have done well so far with my UNISA undergraduate course, but this module has me by the short and curlies.

I passed both Calc 1 and 2 with 80% plus, but I am f---d for this exam. There is no way in hell that I am going to pass it. Just trying for 45% at least to get to do a Sup. This course cannot be done in a semester if you are a part time student having a family and a job, since you need to put so much time into it to research all the stuff that is not clearly explained in the textbook.

Try figuring out Bezier curves with a screaming 2 year old, and 8 and 10 year old boys that are constantly hijacking your PC to play games on. I am glad to see there are others that are trying to pass this one for the second or third time. Makes me feel better that I am not alone in this suffering.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login