Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Maths for this course

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
Maths for this course
August 31, 2006 03:42PM
Does anyone know what maths questions we are going to get for the exam?

Thanks
Re: Maths for this course
September 04, 2006 12:33PM
I'm hoping we're going to get some kind of examination tutorial, not only for this but for all courses. The way I've approached studying so far is to separate out the maths from the graphics theory, and I'm also treating the OpenGL-specific code separately. The mathematical part is really quite lean (a couple of pages) and not as hard as I thought. I'm guessing we'll be asked to show that three vectors are linearly independent, and maybe find eigenvalues and eigenvectors. I can't think what other pure mathematical things they can ask.
Anonymous User
September 04, 2006 01:25PM
Hey,

I think that the mathematics is quite integrated into the subject material, so i think that we will get questions in the exam where we have to apply certain mathematical knowledge to the other content, such as the specification of transformation matrices, for example. Otherwise, just make sure you understand the mathematical concepts in appendices B and C.
September 08, 2006 08:13AM
I spoke to the lecturer a week or two ago, and he said we would be getting one of the past papers in another tut letter. he said they are usually sent out around the end of august ( so hopefully we'll get them soon ).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login