Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possible bug?

Posted by retlaw 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
January 27, 2010 08:08PM
Hi guys,

I don't know if this is a possible bug or if something went wrong with my installation of Delphi 2009(which I bought via Unisa Press).

When I add a label component to a form, I can't seem to change the colour property at all, although it has one. One of the exercises (C02e08) covers this and gives the code as well, but I just can't seem to get colour on my label. I have tried starting up a clean vanilla form as well with only a label on it, and tried to change the colour property, and still no luck. I can't change it in design time or run time.

Any ideas?

I haven't re-installed yet. Too much of a shlep. Will maybe try that as a last option, if at all.
January 28, 2010 09:45AM
I got Delphi7 and see its under the "Font" option to set the foreground colour - if that helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Don't Assume Everything is a Nail Just Because You Have a Really Big Hammer
January 28, 2010 10:49AM
Yes I got the font, but with that property, I can only set the font colour of the text and not the actual label. Also don't have a foreground-colour option.
January 28, 2010 02:36PM
Oh, you want to set the background colour. With Delphi7 its the next property after "Caption"

Ie:

Caption
Color
Constraints

If its not in that order, then I'm not sure.

January 28, 2010 02:41PM
Yip, with Delphi 2009 as well. The problem is, it does nothing(runtime or design time). Is it working for you with your version?
January 29, 2010 10:10AM
It works with me.

It uses system colours and that might be the problem, not so sure what OS you are using.

In the text code you can always set:

Language: Delphi
... Color = clNavy ...

January 29, 2010 10:12AM
I am using XP and have also tried to hard code it as you suggest, but still no luck. confused smiley
January 29, 2010 01:08PM
Mkay, not so sure how to help you than.

I'm running mine in Ubuntu using WINE

January 29, 2010 04:40PM
mine had a problem with the <shift> button, but it works smooth now. i dont even know what the hell was wrong?
Call Unisa to help you, is it on a laptop? if so, then go to Unisa and show them. You paid for it mos, it's only fair they give you your money's worth.
January 29, 2010 05:34PM
Hi basicgerm, no I don't think that it is such a big problem to warrant all that energy and frustration that you suggest. I will just, as much as I hate it, leave it and go on. I think my time is more important at this stage. Thanks for your input.

By the way, Is djy vannie Kaap? Only ppl vannie Kaap uses that word "mos" or am I wrong smiling smiley
February 02, 2010 07:20AM
I have Delphi 7. Did that code last night with no problems.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login