Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Couldn't find the "Hello..." topic so created one smoking smiley

Posted by HD-GUY 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Couldn't find the "Hello..." topic so created one smoking smiley
February 12, 2010 12:14PM
Hey all

I started the CompNets short course now in Feb, just wanted to chat with those doing the same course as myself.

These forums are so bladdy confusing, there are like 3 forums with Computer Networks attached to it and I Couldn;t find one with the "Hello.." topic in.

Was thinking we can keep up with each others progress and motivate as such since there is no official classroom to do this in.

Hope to hear from someone soon smile
Anonymous User
Re: Couldn't find the "Hello..." topic so created one smoking smiley
February 15, 2010 03:52PM
was looking for for the topic and could not find it too.

I am new to this industry of computer networking, with no networks experience, but hopefully on this discussion forum with our fellow students, good results will be produced.

Cheers
February 16, 2010 11:57AM
Hey,

Looks like we're in the same boat smile

I too have little experience - I have setup a gaming LAN (for PS3) a couple times but that's about it.

Looking forward to brainstorming.
March 02, 2010 01:52PM
Hi

I am also doing this same course, and just like you guys i do not have experience in networking,but I am willing to learn and share, hope this is the beginning of great tings to come...drinking smiley

Looking forward to knowing you all.............
March 04, 2010 09:11PM
Sup doods

Preparing for Ass#1 due March 15th

How far are you guys?
Anonymous User
March 09, 2010 03:31PM
hey guys..lont time

hope u gettig rite with ur Assignmet...Yah! wel i am trying to put it together myself....lets try to submit guys..it is for our best interest to do so..

Folks honestly speaking,..like i have indicated before that i have no newtworkin experience...i have been studying this prescribed book and i found it so difficult to keep-up with the track of what i have already studied due to lots 'n lots of unlimite abbrevation..i am aware that they have the defination, but i find it more difficult when more tha 50 of them are introduced on each and every new chapter..

have any solution to this problem...it will be higly appreciated.

thanx and gud luck with Ass#1
March 12, 2010 11:36AM
Hey Madianesilver

It is quite daunting, I had some network experience before however, trust me, it was nowhere NEAR the level this book can take you!

I have actually submitted my assignment already, couple days ago. What I found that helped is to highlight or underline the passages I felt was important and read over them again and again. Go through the chapter highlighting these points and when you get to the end, go BACK and read over the chapter one more time.

I guarantee you will find you understand it a little more when you go back over it. Then at the end, go through the Chapter Summary, and then read over the Keywords. Finally, do the 30 question test at the end of each chapter, keep it real and don't look! lol

I promise you, you will get at least a 25 out of 30 if you follow that study method. Then again, different strokes for different folks i guess eye rolling smiley

I really hope this helps, I'm starting on the second assignment due April. CompNets ftw!!!!!!

MAY THE WORS BE WITH YOU!
May 06, 2010 12:04PM
Hey,
I'm new at UNISA but have some small experience in Networking. I'm always online at patrickkabissel@hotmail.com . We can discuss.

Thanks
May 11, 2010 03:39PM
Hi

Im busi also doing compnet, i will like to know you all please email me at bcmahlangu@vodamail.co.za. Dont forget to study hardspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login