Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FMark in course_student table?

Posted by DeonFo 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
FMark in course_student table?
April 21, 2010 06:27AM
Hi Mac
The Create table course_student does not have the field name- FMark but it is included in the description. do we add it or discard it?
thanks
Mac
Re: FMark in course_student table?
April 21, 2010 06:38AM
Oops - it shoudl have been removed in the description as well - it is not used so you can discard it.
April 21, 2010 07:39AM
Thanks
April 23, 2010 01:10PM
Am already hitting on some problems on the practical, I just want to know whether it is also open for discussion and help on the forum. Just a little problem that maybe someone might help out on...
Mac
April 23, 2010 02:19PM
Yes please do so! I have no problem with you helping one another (I have pushed the importance of forums from the start and this is just another PHP forum as far as I am concerned - as long as you do not post lines and lines of complete code that can just be copied and pasted.Also remember that 10% of your final mark is made up from forum contributions - and that also means helping others with solutions to problems - not just asking for solutions. When you post a question, include some code so we can see what you have tried.
April 23, 2010 02:48PM
Cool thanx Mc, I have a form that sends data onto a php file to insert onto the database table. All works very well but the record just does not get inserted.
I have created another form and inserting file for inserting into course table, and it works perfectly, i just wonder why this won't work, the few lines that should do the inserting are shown below ( I suspect the error is here). There is no parse error or access issues at all.
Language: PHP
$query = "INSERT INTO student VALUES (';$fname';, ';$sname';, ';$msname';, ';$init';, ';$title';, ';$dob';, ';$sex';, ';$lang';, ';$idno';, ';$telh';, ';$telw';, ';$cel';, ';$fax';, ';$email';, $address';, ';sno';)";
April 23, 2010 03:02PM
Please don't worry about my problem above (I think I am such a cry baby), I picked up the piece that had an error. So I am sorted for now
Mac
April 23, 2010 03:36PM
I'm more concerned that you did not start a new thread with this problem smiling smiley And that you did not post the solution for others to see....!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login