Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Displaying registered students

Posted by lyonza 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
avatar Displaying registered students
October 27, 2009 05:23PM
I know I'm not the only one that wondered about this bit, but here goes:

Mac

When we display the registered student information, do you want everything? And I mean, everything in the table, including address, all the phone numbers, etc?

Thanks
Chris

PS: It won't affect what I've done so far, this is purely a cosmetic question.

Chris
~~~~
"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."
Mac
Re: Displaying registered students
October 27, 2009 07:48PM
Yes.....
Imagine a student phoning you.
"Hi, my name is Tjaart van der Walt. Did I pass?"
"No Tjaart, you did not. Or I think you did not. We have 10 Tjaart vd Walt's registered.... sorry, I have no way to know which Tjaart you are".

One cool suggestion (I love making cool suggestions smiling smiley ) is to maybe present his name and student number in black boldface (so it stands out) and the rest in a gray.... but that is an HTML issue. No extra marks though. It is for yourself.....!

Q is - what do you want? Of course, you can provide a link to "show more information" and then use iframes or ajax to "open" the information in the page without the page having to reload. Huh? What??? Get out of here! Not simple, but that's the fun, and late evenings, part. But totally optional.

And hey - your opening statement is too defensive - it is a perfectly valid question! Please don't fear this prac. If what is required in the prac works, then you'll pass (that is a major accomplishment - do not underestimate your newly-acquired skills!). I do not present this course to nail you, or to look down on you. Small steps. How good your PHP code is provides the final symbol. If I struggle, I will email you and ask you to fix what prevents the application from running, then remark. I'm here to make you love PHP smiling smiley
avatar Re: Displaying registered students
October 27, 2009 10:41PM
Thanks - I just wanted to make sure. I'll make it look awesome smiling smiley

I'm loving it totally, no fear of that. If you still like something after being immersed in it for almost a week without doing anything else, then you love it. My stuff works (as far as I can tell) its just the pretty things now.
October 28, 2009 09:29AM
Hi Mac

I have a question can I select the Course ID, Instead of the Course Name?

Regards

Radhika
October 28, 2009 09:31AM
Sorry, i get how it works, i was been silly, i forgot i could link three table

Rgds

Radhika
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login