Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So, what comes after this ?

Posted by Dirk 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
So, what comes after this ?
September 29, 2009 01:19PM
I've been wondering, what does one do once this course is completed ? is it best to jump right in and try to publish webby's and make some fuelle or would
it be advisable to do another course to get more exp on being a web designer, and if so, what course would be best to do next ?
Anybody got any ideas ? all are welcome !
Re: So, what comes after this ?
September 29, 2009 02:09PM
I see many people go on and do PHP, I think I wud do it, it's another 6 monther...
September 29, 2009 02:37PM
dirk

i see dead people. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

just joking

i would just jump right in there, bugger everything else.
if you make a balls up its one of those things. thumbs up smiley
September 29, 2009 03:01PM
Well, seeing as i've already got my own little desing business i think it's a good idea then to jump right in and do whatever i can and still do more studying ! just can't decide exactly what yet, DEFINATELY NOT JAVA ! sod that for a lark !
September 30, 2009 11:35AM
Dude, guys who do JAVA earn a million. I tell u, I think if you can't beat Lotto, do JAVA...LOL
September 30, 2009 12:01PM
Yeah, Java pays well no doubt, but it think teh reason is that, if you become a java pro, you would have to give up living a normal life because your mind
would be warped by the unreasonably hellishly difficult code you have to learn...
October 02, 2009 01:45PM
Rather have a warped nerd mind with a fat account that being forever in debt man
October 06, 2009 08:27AM
Amen to that, the warped nerd mind i have, in fact i have a few of them, a different flavour for different occasions tongue sticking out smiley
i SHALL CONQUER JAVA !!! i shall wield my Wacom stylus like a sword and my wacom tablet as my shield !!
Meg
October 11, 2009 10:47AM
Ok so on the 'after this' thought, how do you study SEO if you can, or is that just a learn as you go topic ?
November 01, 2009 11:18PM
AH

SEO

I think it's a constant game of checking forums on what the search engines are doing, cos they like to tweak and modify the parameters for searches, liek how many keywords allowed per page and how many repetitions etc.
I reckon this cousre has definately hyped my interest in web design, i did this course to enable me to provide some basic sites for some of my existing clients who wanted no-frills html pages.
But now i think i'll do a few more, deifnately php and maybe some flash later. Java on the other hand shall be my nemesis for a while longer, Darth Java is strong with the dark side of the force...
Anonymous User
November 02, 2009 05:37PM
Hi you guys

I did intro to web design last semester and went on to do PHP this semester. It's definitely worth it. Just like tvd, the lecturer (mac) is awesome... It really helps when you have the support available to you (especially with php if you don't come from a programming background).

Good luck for your exam - not sure if you've written yet or not...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login