Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EXAM PREP

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Re: EXAM PREP
November 20, 2009 08:02PM
What do you guys think of section 5.8 - Models of affective aspects?? important? do you understand it?
November 20, 2009 08:45PM
One of the outcomes in the study guide related to that is: "describe the affective aspects used in interface agents and interactive physical toys" so I'd say its fairly important. Apart from what we're told in the study guide and exam tut letter, we don't know what's going to be in the exam.
November 21, 2009 07:22AM
I Agree, DECIDE atleast 15 points and it is a short chapter.

Check out Tut 102 / the question layout.

What is your take on this

QUESTION 2 (45)
Note that question 2.1 - 2.4 refer to the design and evaluation of ......

(Do you also think question 2 will cover work from chapter 11 - 14)

Help me spot

2.1 Name, identify and explain (14) ?
2.2 Formulate questions (3) ?
2.3 Name and Discuss (10)?
2.4 Describe (3) ?
2.5 Discuss (15) .... DECIDE my guess
November 21, 2009 08:24AM
So maybe something like assignment 2,question 2? (but the whole question counts 60 marks, so only part of it)
November 22, 2009 06:12PM
How's everybody doing? I've got to chapter 9, trying to do my own summaries then gave up and am using Malberts's summary for the rest of the book.
Panic is starting to settle in.
November 22, 2009 10:41PM
Looks like everybody is hard at work studying smiling smiley

Mild panic..I'm really not paying much attention to chapters 4,6,9,15 - so hope I don't get any surprises there.

Going to bed now, will continue tomorrow morning. Good luck to those burning the midnight oil!
November 22, 2009 10:45PM
Maybe a question on usability testing and field studies - this is named explicitly under 'Evaluation of interactive systems' in tut102...
November 22, 2009 10:50PM
fran13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe a question on usability testing and field
> studies - this is named explicitly under
> 'Evaluation of interactive systems' in tut102...

Yeah, chapter 14
November 23, 2009 08:13AM
It's the final count down...
November 23, 2009 08:26AM
only on chapter 11, getting a bit stressed but looking at the Jan paper, it doesn't look that hard. Its out of 80 so 40 is pass but I'm hoping for more.
I'm working today too so have to study like mad tonight.
November 23, 2009 08:28AM
I suggest reading through the questions and answers that are the in the textbook, the lecturers may have got lazy and used some of them in the exam.
November 23, 2009 08:30AM
and the comments on the assignments in 501.

Happy Studying winking smiley
November 23, 2009 09:35AM
Question 3 in the January examination paper.
I'm a bit lost, don't understand quite what they want...
Anyone with some guidelines please.
November 23, 2009 10:20AM
I don't have my textbook with me but Chapter 5 has information about affective aspects used in interface agents and interactive physical toys which may help.
November 23, 2009 03:05PM
Did you come right fran13?
November 23, 2009 03:26PM
nope... not really.confused smiley
November 23, 2009 04:01PM
They give you the subheadings you can use, as you'll see in chapter 5
like "...,persuasive technologies, anthropomorphism, interface agents"

Example:

anthropomorphism:

attributing human like qualities to objects
people accept and enjoy objects with human-like qualities

can make interactive systems fun and enjoyable to interact with, motivate people to carry out tasks (ex being addressed in the 1st person)

or can make people feel anxious, resulting in them feeling inferior or stupid (ex a screen tutor wagging its finger at the user saying something patronizing)
November 23, 2009 07:16PM
So TraceyB, how's the panic going? Mine's flaring up again...trying to keep calm and just cram some more details in smiling smiley
November 23, 2009 07:19PM
So is mine, I'm struggling to remember what determine means in the Decide framework. I've leaving out about 3 chapters and hoping I can cram the stuff I have gone over and remember enough of it to pass.
November 23, 2009 07:26PM
TraceyB Wrote:
> So is mine, I'm struggling to remember what
> determine means in the Decide framework. I've
> leaving out about 3 chapters and hoping I can cram
> the stuff I have gone over and remember enough of
> it to pass.

determine goals

--
"A man is the less likely to become great the more he is dominated by reason: few can achieve greatness - and none in art - if they are not dominated by illusion." Mr. Doctor
November 23, 2009 07:30PM
thanks, I have your notes in front of me but the stuff is just not going and staying in my head sad smiley
November 23, 2009 07:49PM
I have that same problem, maybe if I made these notes earlier in the year they would have been better. My brain is dead after all these exams and now I'm supposed to memorise a huge book. And the marks are so few - forget one part and you're screwed. I fear that if they ask "recall 500 items from list X and explain each one" that I'm going to die. I worked out that I need 45/80 to get a bare pass. So hopefully I can remember enough from all the sections to get that.

Anyway, here's a way to remember the DECIDE framework. Think of it in the order you'll evaluate something:
what do you need to do?
how are you going to do it?
do it

the what (things regarding the whole):
goals
questions

how (things regarding implementation):
approaches
practical issues
ethical issues

do it:
evaluate

Then just fill in the letters. I cannot say for sure, but hopefully they won't take away too many marks if you get your letters messed up. I think that as long as you can explain what the framework is about then you'll get most of your marks.

--
"A man is the less likely to become great the more he is dominated by reason: few can achieve greatness - and none in art - if they are not dominated by illusion." Mr. Doctor
Anonymous User
November 23, 2009 09:47PM
I just can't focus. I mean I can't remember wat I jus read!!! I jus want this to be over. iv left out chap3.4.6.8.14.&15. I'm trying to remember wat I read by reading it again. its gonna be a lng Night. does the paper hav to be so early. oh man! wats everyone doing?????
November 23, 2009 10:02PM
I'm going to bash my skull in with the huge book. I think that's the only way the information will get into my head and maybe stay there. I'm going to forget everything at 10 tomorrow. If I need to apply HCI principles I'll look them up. Stupid module spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

--
November 23, 2009 10:03PM
I'm just trying to revise now. Trying to remember all the key headings and points and will do my best to remember in the exam tomorrow morning....

Late night indeed.

Good Luck!
November 23, 2009 10:15PM
Amy Wrote:
> I just can't focus. I mean I can't remember wat I
> jus read!!! I jus want this to be over. iv left
> out chap3.4.6.8.14.&15. I'm trying to remember wat
> I read by reading it again. its gonna be a lng
> Night. does the paper hav to be so early. oh man!
> wats everyone doing?????

uhm... STRESSING!!confused smiley Just want to get this done with!
November 23, 2009 10:26PM
Okay, Vis, Be a big boy. Do not cry. You are not the only one out there. 3 cups of coffee in 10 minutes is not a good idea.

I have no inspiration. Very little goes in and stays in. Even less that I might need. I need to pass this - it might be the only module holding me from graduating this year.

I know its a bad idea, but I need to pull in an all nighter and hope for the best.

Good luck!
November 23, 2009 10:31PM
OK that's it. I'm done. I'd rather sleep and let the seeds in my head germinate. All I can hope is that UNISA does true to their trend in lowering academic standard.

I have to restrain myself to not let loose a major rant against this module. Bleh.

--
November 23, 2009 11:58PM
@Vis in my experience, all nighters are a bad idea. You will get that tip of the tung feeling in the exam...

I'm with malberts on this one, I'm done.

I have to leave home @ 6h30 or I'll be late.

Good luck to the brave souls!
Anonymous User
November 24, 2009 12:28AM
im still revising. nothings staying in.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login