Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Results out

Posted by ShaunGVW 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Results out
December 12, 2009 04:39AM
FINALLY, COS311 results out.
Passed (only just), but hey, a pass is a pass.
I loved this subject, but it was SO time consuming for me, glad to move on.
December 12, 2009 05:48AM
Didn't make it - didn't think I would.

Have Cos321 sup between me & my degree.
I'll have to really sit on my butt & study - for a change!!!
Re: Results out
December 12, 2009 06:01AM
Sorry about that Reanie.
COS321 supp, or COS311 supp?
I still have to do COS321 next year. Going to be a tough year (as if this one wasn't!)
December 12, 2009 06:19AM
Must write a Cos321 supp in Feb
December 12, 2009 07:48AM
I also passed! Thank the heavens above for markers that was lenient! barely barely scraped through but i am SOOOOOOOO happy that they gave me a pass. i really didn't want to study for another year. There goes the Cum degree but who cares, after 6 years i am just glad to be done with BSc! Good luck to everyone writing supps next year. Hope they make it a bit more manageable!
Anonymous User
December 12, 2009 09:30AM
I also just managed to scrape through, I'm happy that I made it smiling smiley
Anonymous User
December 12, 2009 09:32AM
@Reanie, good luck with 321, I hope you make it.
Rey
December 12, 2009 10:42AM
Reanie I'm with you on the COS311 supp. I'm absolutely gutted. I got..48%..I know the patterns off by heart..

Does anyone know how I can find out were I went wrong? Did anyone ace the exam? I want your notes.

----
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ..." - Louis Hector Berlioz
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
Anonymous User
December 12, 2009 11:02AM
Guys I think I've been hit by the worst. The score is failed! This was my final year, I thought I deserved a supp? I can't believe I've to go for another year for COS311, am even thinking of COS240 or 350. Any advice on this?
December 12, 2009 04:34PM
Mmmm - when I state "didn't make it" it implies that didn't get a supp either ..... sad smiley
December 12, 2009 05:18PM
I have the same problem. I need to pass COS311-4 to obtain my degree. My exam mark was below the subminimum mark which I believe is 30%. So the year mark is not brought into consideration. I obtained 29.33% exam mark. My year mark is 71.10 %.

I have written five subjects this year and passed four of them, including COS261-C, COS201-V, COS321-3, COS340-A (definitely a terrible collection of modules).

I have study part-time and worked full time for 5 years of hell, and now all for nothing.

Puts definitely a tear in my eye!

But I will do an enquiry on this matter, and see what happens.

Congrats on the dudes and the dudets who have made it!
Anonymous User
December 12, 2009 06:22PM
the minimum to get a rewrite is 40%, dude. Sorry.
December 12, 2009 08:55PM
It does state in the General Information and Rules brochure that you need between 30 and 49% to qualify for a supp. It seems though, that if the exam mark is less than 40%, the year mark is not taken into account.
Anonymous User
December 12, 2009 09:00PM
really? I was under the impression that the rules changed and we need 40% to get a rewrite. Last year I got 39% for cos311 and I failed with no rewrite.
December 12, 2009 10:30PM
Perhaps you are right then Rick, these things do remain a bit of a mystery.
December 13, 2009 09:27AM
Ivan, in Calender 1,

G10 Supplementary examination
(2) In the student’s final year of study, and only in exceptional
circumstances, the Executive Dean of the College may exercise
his/her discretion to grant a supplementary examination outside
of the prescribed parameters.
Not sure how they grant that - you'll have to make an enquiry.
December 13, 2009 03:28PM
Thanks for the quote Reanie. Maybe there is hope!
Anonymous User
December 14, 2009 12:53AM
Failed, but qualified for a supp, as expected.

Any ideas and suggestions on how to study better (I forgot the paper totally) would be much appreciated - I MUST pass!

Thanks tons - and well done to all those who passed!
December 14, 2009 09:33AM
I passed by the skin of my teeth; Good luck to everyone writing supps. Also if you beating yourself up for not passing - DONT! It really is a difficult module; so don't give up; hang in there.
Anonymous User
December 14, 2009 01:21PM
Yah this module, I thought i will make it but it wasn't to be.
It can really get bad with this module. my whole weekend was ruined
December 17, 2009 01:17PM
Congratulations to those who made it, and good luck to those who need to rewrite.

I managed to scrape through, but a pass is a pass! Will still be able to do honours later…

Just a tip on trying to get a sup: email the lecturer. If you did well during the year (handed in some assignments, and did ok in them) she might let you write the sup. I tried it last year. But you HAVE to have worked hard during the year. Reannie - try this, I know you worked hard this year!
December 17, 2009 04:34PM
AnitaMaartens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>... assignments, and did ok in them)
> Reannie - try this, I know you worked hard this
> year!
Although the last assignment did compile on my machine, it didn't on theirs, so I got a very bad mark & my year mark was totally brought down. Don't think I'll be granted the supp - and not sure I want one either .... smile
December 17, 2009 05:18PM
Thanx for your input AnitaMaartens. One more option for me to maybe obtain a possible sup for this module. I really need a sup. I don’t want to enter 2010 with only one module on my list. I will go nuts! I’m use to 5 or 8 modules per year. What I’m going to do with all the spare time!
Anonymous User
December 17, 2009 06:23PM
get a job?
December 17, 2009 06:57PM
Have already a job. Need a better one!
December 24, 2009 06:01PM
X-mas came early this year for me. I got my supplementary exam!!!!! thumbs up smiley I’m writing together with some of you guys next year on feb 09 2010.

I’m one module away of obtaining my degree. Thanx to everyone out there that gave me some hints, to obtain a second change in writing COS311-4. Reanie and AnitaMaartens. God bless you!

Merry X-mas and a studyful year 2010 for every one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login