Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Results out

Posted by Kyle 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Results out
December 12, 2009 12:47AM
Not too bad, cracked 70 here. Damn year marks bringing me down tho winking smiley
December 12, 2009 08:21AM
I expected more, like 10% more since I knew all the answers and answered all the questions. Ya well, 75 is still 'n distinction, if only by a cat's whisker.
December 12, 2009 10:38AM
77 for me, also expected a bit more. But happy with the distinction smiling smiley
Well done to everyone who passed, i know a lot of people hated this module.
December 12, 2009 12:12PM
The problem with this module was that some of the work was outdated, like Applets, and too much focus was put on it. The most important part of this module got the least attention (Patterns), especially in the exam.

I also had a problem with the way that the lecturers handled this module, and the way they interpreted answers to questions. But it's done now. Java can really be fun. It's probably because they knew this was the last year that this module would be done in Java and couldn't give a rat's ass about it.
December 12, 2009 01:51PM
Yippee I got a supp \grinning smiley/

I had written this one off... And now i have till feb 11 to study. Happy day! \grinning smiley/
Anonymous User
Re: Results out
December 12, 2009 04:29PM
I passed - thank goodness. It's quite a big difference from my other marks -got distinctions for everything else - ... made 50% on this one with adjustment policy. I am so so happy. Thanks UNISA for adjustment policy. Java was giving me sleepless nights.
@SCag... we had both written this one off... lol...Good luck 4 the supp. I am sure you will make it smiling smiley

By the way - does anyone know if they release any results on a Saturday evening?
I am hoping so- sitting on pincushions for my last 3...
December 12, 2009 05:48PM
Congrats Leila. Not sure about releasing on weekends but I reckon its possible.
December 12, 2009 08:02PM
I also pasd an the funny thing is i nvr saw the pas coming. The boring part is i also wantd to do QT nxt year, but i gues il do it on my spare time. Congrets to evry one that pasd

--------------------------------------------------------------------
In a long journey, even a matchstick is heavy...
December 12, 2009 10:09PM
Now that u hav passed can u please sell me you text book

thanx

Silas
silas.ramonyai88@gmail.com
December 13, 2009 09:00AM
Why do you want the text book?
December 15, 2009 02:29PM
Guys, how difficult is this? next yeat is my turn.
And please anyone I need a book.

Email: lebo007@24.com
December 15, 2009 06:28PM
You guys won't be able to use the book. From next year this module is based on C++, not Java. So I expect that the prescribed book will also change.
December 15, 2009 06:29PM
This years textbook is no longer being used for this module. So you can stop asking people for it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login