Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam

Posted by BiancaH 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Exam
November 26, 2009 09:09AM
How did you all find the exam? I thought it was terrible !
November 26, 2009 09:15AM
There are some comments at the end of the "Java applets" thread.

I didnt like it much, but I went into the exam knowing I was going to struggle. For most of the questions I had a vague idea what was going on, but for the last two it was mostly guess work. I didnt have time to learn chapter 11. The chapters were so huge, I decided to rather learn the others better than to add the last chapter onto my internal stack.
Re: Exam
November 26, 2009 11:51AM
I didnt go over the design methods in much detail so I pretty much lost out in most of question 5. Luckily I spent time on 6 so I got most of the theory questions aroung the threads.

Yeah I had a vague idea on most but really feeling a bit touch and go about it - guess I will just have to wait and see but think Im gonna hv to write the sup in jan.
November 26, 2009 01:23PM
Did not enjoy it myself
Anonymous User
November 26, 2009 02:25PM
I didn't like the paper- Java and I don't exactly get along.
I didn't go over the Strategy pattern ,and didn't answer the question on it.
I think that I will actually be repeating next...
Anonymous User
November 26, 2009 02:25PM
I didn't like the paper- Java and I don't exactly get along.
I didn't go over the Strategy pattern ,and didn't answer the question on it.
I think that I will actually be repeating next year...
November 26, 2009 03:35PM
This module's paper is most of the time terrible. I followed the response to the exam last year, and the feeling was the same.

This paper is never easy. I thought they would ask more on patterns, as that is probably the most important aspect that this module adds to the general course.
November 26, 2009 06:15PM
Didn't spend that much time on Design Strategies, so I too missed out on that question. And didn't think I'd have to remember the html for the java applet (same question)... felt so stupid for not scanning through that once more.
Kind of had to wonder about the question in which you had to compare to queues as I could not see that the Queue object had any public variables / inspectors that could be used to iterate through its items. Maybe I missed something, But I had to try and be creative to asnwer that question.
November 27, 2009 03:03AM
Java was also bad for me, i think il be doing it again nxt year. How were we suposd to undrstand it using such an old text book? And we all knw that IT books change al the time, o wel il see it nxt yr

--------------------------------------------------------------------
In a long journey, even a matchstick is heavy...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login