Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 2

Posted by mcmukendi 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment 2
April 20, 2009 11:38AM
Hi,
Is there someone who can please assist me .
I've ordered the text book a month ago, but since then, the University has not yet ship it to me . Thus I'm unable to have assignment2 questions .
I'm really disappointed because, it seems that I would probably not have the book on time to do my work .
Can someone, please send me the questions so I will be able to work on them and submit the assignment on time . I'm already late , cause I've only 10 days to do it without any support .
Thanks for your assistance
Re: Assignment 2
April 22, 2009 04:16PM
Please anyone with the questions please send me also the questions as I am also still waiting on UNISA to deliver my text book. I have not done Ass1 either please as a matter of urgency
thanks
April 22, 2009 07:04PM
Guys, just download all your stuff from your myunisa.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Don't Assume Everything is a Nail Just Because You Have a Really Big Hammer
April 22, 2009 07:28PM
The fact is that the tutorial letter gives only references to the text book and unfortunately we're both still waiting for the University to send us the text book.
April 29, 2009 06:47AM
@cbrunsdonza please note that the tutorial letter only gives reference to question in the prescribed book, see the following:
Question 1
Do Exercise 4.3 on page 156 of Jia.
Question 2
Do Exercise 4.2 on page 156 and Exercise 4.8 on page 157 of Jia.
Question 3
Do Exercise 4.9 on page 157 of Jia.

@mcmukendi
I am also awaiting my text books, and its just 2 days to go now. if you have managed to get the questions please help. Anybody , please!!
April 29, 2009 10:19AM
@Akumudzi, unfortunatly I've got nothing since then and I'm still waiting for the text book. I hope that someone will help us before tomorrow otherwise it will be too late.
April 29, 2009 03:27PM
I don't have my textbook with me at the moment as I am at work, but if nobody has gotten back to you by the time I get home (around 5pm) let me know via pm or leave a message here.
April 29, 2009 05:05PM
Please Brettc

If you can get us the questions, we haven't had any fruitful leads so far
April 29, 2009 08:14PM
Sorry I couldn't do it sooner...

Assignment 2

Question 1:
Write a Java application that uses the data from a text file named students.txt to create a file called studentemail.txt. Thje input file consists of a number of lines, with each line containg the data of a student in colon-deliminated format:
Last Name:First Nameconfused smileyocial Security Number
Example:
Owen:Michael:326502626

The output file contains student email IDs generated from the information in the input file. Each input record will be converted to an email ID in the following format:
The first character of the first name + the first character of the last name + the last 4 digits of the social security number + "@" + "se.depaul.edu"

For example, Michael Owen's email ID would be:
mo2626@se.depaul.edu

Note that no uppercase letters are allowed in the new email IDs and that the output file should contain one email ID per line.

Question 2:
Write a Java application to calculate the average of a list of integers. The input data is stored in a text file, in which each line contains a single integer. The name of the input data file is given as a command-line argument to the Java application. The output should include the number of integers and their average.

Question 3:
The Calendar class also provided methods to get the current year, month, date and day of the week. Enhance the digital clock applet to do the following:
(a)Display the current year, month, date and day of week
(b)Display the time using the 12-hour format instead of the 24-hour format.

For example, the display might be:
3:05:28 PM
5 May 2002 Tue

Hope this helps.
April 29, 2009 08:28PM
Thank you so much I appreciate the effort, we can still catch on and meet the deadline.
April 30, 2009 10:15AM
Many Thanks Brett. I hope that I would have the time to do something after work .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login