Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

To lecturers

Posted by Nancy 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
To lecturers
September 10, 2006 04:59PM
Dear lecturers,

Question 1:

Is there a mistake on prescribed book Schach, p126, FIGURE 6.24? The content of the square box located at the left bottom:
------- Relationships in Figure 6.41
_____ Relationships in Figure 6.14

Rather be:
-------- Relationship in Figure 6.14
______ Relationships in Figure 6.41

Question 2:
Schach, p141, FIGURE7.22

There is a line between the : Estimate Funds for Week Class and the : MSG Application Class . The down point arrow on the left side of the line with message 6 and 13 and the up point arrow on the right side of the line with message 5 and 10.

To me these two arrows should change places, for message 5 and 10 should point down to the : MSG Application Class , and message 6 and 13 should go up to the : MSG Application Class .. Does the direction of the arrow with the message next to it matter or doesn't matter to the Diagram at all?

Question 3:

Regarding to the format of exam paper:

Question 2 is a 10 mark fill- in-the-missing-words question mainly asking about the theory.

I just don't understand what is the advantage to ask above type of questions. What are we emphasis on this module? Is how much you understand the concept or how much you memorize the concept? Knowing the name "object-oriented" doesn't mean understand object-oriented concepts. Doesn't know how to spell pseudoalgorithm, doesn't mean you cannot apply the pseudoalgorithm.

Both multiple choice and paragraph-type questions can serve the purpose better to test how much the student understands the concept!
I know it's too late to change the exam paper now, what I really try to say is that it's the time to reassess the methods used to check what the student gains from the module.

Thank you,

Student no. 35438398
Y. Van Den Berg
Re: To lecturers
October 02, 2006 09:17AM
Question 1: I agree with you. Well spotted.

Question 2: I agree with you. Well spotted.

You seem to understand the subject matter well. Please aim for a distinction. I believe that it is within your grasp.

Regarding the exam paper, when you see that exam paper you will understand the pedagogical nature of the paper. smiling smiley

Cheers
Shawren Singh
Lecturer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login