Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Difficulty in 5C. How can I locate php.ini

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
My Difficulty in 5C. How can I locate php.ini
May 03, 2009 08:13AM
Warning: session_register() [function.session-register]: open(C:\Program Files\xampp\tmp\sess_c3a145e173f32f387495a72157f3611f, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\StudentPHP\session.php on line 2

Warning: session_register() [function.session-register]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\StudentPHP\session.php:2) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\StudentPHP\session.php on line 2

Warning: session_register() [function.session-register]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\StudentPHP\session.php:2) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\StudentPHP\session.php on line 2

Select a background color
Yellow
Blue
Silver
Beige

Refresh page, Don't change background color

To other page
Warning: Unknown: Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: open(C:\Program Files\xampp\tmp\sess_c3a145e173f32f387495a72157f3611f, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (C:\Program Files\xampp\tmp) in Unknown on line 0
Mac
Re: My Difficulty in 5C. How can I locate php.ini
May 03, 2009 05:46PM
Do you have a C:\Program Files\xampp\tmp directory wherein sessions can be stored?
Anonymous User
May 05, 2009 01:06PM
C:\Program Files\xampp\tmp - says the directory is incorrect.
May 05, 2009 01:14PM
I am not sure if this is going to help - but on the previous php threads (2007) they give you rather good advise on fixing your problem. Mine worked after I did what was said there. Look at what you have coded very carefully. Also, you need to read up on page 47 to 49 of your text book. It really does help you.
Anonymous User
May 05, 2009 02:31PM
Am getting more and more confused. All my works are saved at- C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\StudentPHP; but I only find the php.INI-DIST file and php.INI-RECOMMENDED at- C:\Program Files\xampp\php\php4. Is it right? How do I make changes and handle the TMP in- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\xampp\tmp; as to complete Task 5C. I will appreciate urgent help and guide from here.
May 05, 2009 04:30PM
As far as I understand you should have:
C:\Program Files\xampp\tmp ****** This is where I found the session files. The session files have long numbers on them which are the "handles" (file address) of the session files*****

I found my ini files in:
C:\program Files\xampp\php4 and the file's name is php.ini

Remember that this is my setup. I cannot see what your setup looks like.

Why don't you search for php.ini on your search disk (Press Start and Search on your windows explorer toolbar?)
Hope this helps a bit?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login