Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam post mortem

Posted by highveldstorm 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Exam post mortem
October 10, 2006 07:19PM
I thought the exam went ok (I wrote COS211 yesterday - what a nightmare!). Everything was pretty straight forward... I ran out of time a bit on the last diagram but otherwise I have no complaints.
Re: Exam post mortem
October 10, 2006 08:03PM
Nice, 2 in a row; atleast it out the way now, I've 3 in a row at the end of the month.

I think it was a good exam too.

If we did your assignments like a good student then there would have been no problems with the diagrams.

The MCQ on the whole fair although one or two were really tricky and was wondering if was reading the right book.

Now we just got to wait for the results...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CameronTaljard

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Scott Adams, 'The Dilbert Principle'
October 10, 2006 08:36PM
I thought it wasn't bad at all especially considering I didn't think I was prepared enough. I won't do too well on the diagrams but that's my own fault for not studying them properly.
Anyone else notice that a few of the fill-in-the-word questions were exactly the same as a few of the multiple choice questions?
October 10, 2006 10:06PM
Yeah I saw that too!
October 10, 2006 11:43PM
Did they do it as a favour to us or did nobody notice it before the paper was printed??!! I'm not complaining but for a top university its fairly shocking. Maybe it was just laziness, they didn't want to come up with more questions.
October 11, 2006 08:36AM
I enjoyed the paper but I think I messed up the system diagram. Well we just have to wait for results now![/img]
October 11, 2006 11:32AM
I think the exam went very well even though I did not do the systemt level DFD. Well I can't really complaint about the repetition of the MCQ 'cos if you did not know the answer there, you would still not know it with the fill-in questions.

Overall, a great paper!!!!
October 11, 2006 12:53PM
hi all,

overall it was ok but the event/response table and the system level diagram kicked my ass!!!
some of the question from the mcq were from inf105 book...
i think i did enuff to pass but will wait and see

XL
October 11, 2006 02:23PM
Nice, I did do Inf105. Is that fair?

Thinking I did okay too, so those two 1 mark question should'nt matter too much.

The systm level DFD was quite tough for me too, hoping for hopefully atleast half the ten marks.

I wish UniSA would provide the class averages and we could evalute our performance when the results come out. Is there a reason they don't provide averages; as the data is available and algorithm is reasonably simple. What do you guys say?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CameronTaljard

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Scott Adams, 'The Dilbert Principle'
October 20, 2006 03:28PM
I did ok. However on the mark reading sheet for the MCQ, I forgot to mark my student number with pencil. I did write it though at the top.
October 20, 2006 06:57PM
Ouch, I hope that does not create unessary problems for you.

I usually write in pen the number and then fill in the the blocks with pencil, just on case.

Well we'll just wait till the results...focusing now on the inf205 & inf207 modules, for next week.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login